Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frank savage View Post
    Hi there!

I have no reason to doubt about the rudder authenticity. But in the period pics the Dammer' rudder show large stripes of dark paint. In the pic posted seems to me that about the stripes there's no traces… Why?

Best,
    That was what I wondered too ; maybe related to the nature of paints ?

Comment

For sure is the reason…

I like the rudder, however the sprayed stripes that has gone completely puzzles me.

Maybe was used watercolor?

Best,

Comment

Amazing thread!
        Thank to all for the pictures

Best regards,
        Sergey

Comment

Originally posted by frank savage View Post
          For sure is the reason…

I like the rudder, however the sprayed stripes that has gone completely puzzles me.

Maybe was used watercolor?

Best,
          The fabric rudder was painted in a silver dope when initially manufactured. This is a typical step of all fabric covered aircraft & control surfaces.

Once the completed silver doped rudder was attached to the aircraft, the camo paint was applied over top of the silver dope, the kill markings were then applied over the top of the camo paint.
          Over the years the camo paint and kill markings have dried and peeled off of the silver dope, leaving what you see today.

Comment

A true interesting story! Compliments for the addition to your collection.
            Paolo

Comment

Another interesting fact about Dammers is that he was killed the same time as that Hartman was on leave received his Oak leaves from Hitler in Germany . (The well known story when he was drunk and put on Hitlers hat) He was at that time commanding the wing that Dammers flew in. Very close link between Dammers and Hartman.J

Comment

My Hans Dammers Picture

Good evening, as promised here my original photo by Hans Dammers with dedication.
                Unfortunately, I could not figure out who the Obergefreite Josef Börsch (?) is. The dedication is from 06.12.1943. The front side is also labeled with name and date. Unfortunately something bad to recognize.
                Beautiful evening.
                Esau ...

Guten Abend, wie versprochen hier mein Originalfoto von Hans Dammers mit Widmung.
                Leider konnte ich bis jetzt noch nicht herausbekommen, wer der Obergefreite Josef Börsch (?) ist. Die Widmung ist vom 06.12.1943. Die Vorderseite ist ebenfalls mit Name und Datum beschriftet. Leider etwas schlecht zu erkennen.
                Schönen Abend.
                Esau...
                Attached Files

Comment

Looking for additional info on Dammers ?

Comment

dammer on the left with the sunglase and right on the picture in the front you can see the back from his had, this is E. Rossmann.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Great pictures. I came across this letter on the net send to Hans Dammers widow. It is supposedly signed by Graf, but is does not look like his signature. Anyone knows where other stuff of Dammers are?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice pictures, Oli !

Especially the ones where he is wearing his 1st model N&G goggles/glasses..

Jos

Comment

Anyone knows where I can find Hans Dammers Steiff teddybear? My wife is a collector and it would make the perfect gift. It will also ensure my lifelong participation in this hobby. Also looking for anything else related to Dammers? J
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X