No announcement yet.

show us your private purchase leather flying jackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for your moment Max, It is heavily worn on the shoulders ,back of neck and lower back, and has some oil spots on it also, It exhibits all things one should look for in a flight worn jacket, I'd say it has seen alot of flying. If only they could talk. I went thru the pockets and found deep down in the corner of the lower left pocket, nearly imbedded in the wool liner a period hair clip, my thoughts went straight away to p76 of photographic history of the the lw JG26 of Hauptman Kurt Ebersberger with his long strand of hair hanging down.Probably typicakl of the young cuns, to sport long hair. If i get time I photgraph one of my other jackets, it is missing the eagle, only the stitch marks of where one once was, and where the buttons for the shoulder boards, hae been darned up, it is heavily scraped on the back of the left shoulder and lower back, i wondered if they could be evidence of a hard landing after bailing out?
    Cheers
    Wayne

Comment

A picture of interest. Note the placement of the eagle
      Attached Files

Comment

Well its a odd placement for an eagle
        Here is another picture that i found on the net

Andy
        Attached Files

Comment

andy,
          that is an awesome photo and im guessing he was the "test pilot" as monkeys were in short supply in germany at that time
          cheers

Comment

Hello, great pics. Here is one of Hans Trautloft. Nice private ones on each side and Hans is wearing an A2 jacket with what seems to be a Luft trop pith helmet eagle as a breast eagle or a backwards reversed one. Best, Bill
            Attached Files

Comment

i cant find a photo copy of it to put on here but in the book uniforms and insigna of the luft vol 2 1940-45 by brian l davis on page 170 their a great pic of galland in a complete irvin suit and 174/5 their are some fantastic p.p jackets, if any one has a scanner could they please put these pics up,
              cheers-pablo

Comment

Just amended the spelling mistakes in my post,

Just correcting the spelling from this post
                Originally posted by wayne gosley View Post
                Thank you for your moment Max, It is heavily worn on the shoulders ,back of neck and lower back, and has some oil spots on it also, It exhibits all things to look for in a flight worn jacket, I'd say it has seen alot of flying. If only they could talk. I went thru the pockets and found deep down in the corner of the lower left pocket, nearly imbedded in the wool liner a period hair clip, my thoughts went straight away to p76 of photographic history of the the lw JG26 of Hauptman Kurt Ebersberger with his long strands of hair hanging down.Probably typical of the young guns, to sport long hair. If i get time I photgraph one of my other jackets, it is missing the eagle, only the stitch marks of where one once was remains, and where the buttons for the shoulder boards once were, are now darned up, it is heavily scraped on the back of the left shoulder and lower back, i wondered it is evidence of a hard landing after bailing out? Thanks
                Cheers
                Wayne

Comment

Here is mine, bought from CollectRussia in 2007, following a recommendation from Gene:

It has the large collar of the early war years, like the one in the pic Jos showed in post #7 of this thread. And here is a pic of a pilot wearing a very similar jacket like mine, with the large collar, too. Also the eagle is placed the same way above the zipper and both zippers are in slightly different heights:

Comment

leather jackets

Here are my 2 private purchase leather jackets, second jacket had eagle removed. both blanket type lined 2nd jacket has the added pocket. Paul
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here´s one with interesting zippers '35-'37 style. Unfortunately the inner lining was destroyed and has been "restored" (not by me).
                      Attached Files

Comment

An amazing selection of jackets, thanks for showing them all...

Hopefully over the next year or so I will come across one that I am comfortable with, if anyone is considering moving one on, let me know

Comment

Here is mine...

Comment

Nice one.
                            Cheers
                            Wayne
                            Last edited by wayne gosley; 05-13-2012, 02:50 AM. Reason: q

Comment

Mine. Unattributed, but likely that it belonged to a pilot(scuff on the underside of the right sleeve, shoulder, back, and breast eagle. Shoulder board loops show the same age with the rest of the jacket, boards seem to be replacements though). Without any solid provenance, who knows but I like the look and it goes nicely with my LW display.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Great display, nakta!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X