Luft Night Fighter pilot ID Info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luft Night Fighter pilot ID Info needed

Hello : I purchased a Luft honor goblet today named to Unterofficer Robert Behrens dated AM 16.8.42 I found him on a google search that tells me he is a night fighter pilot that shot down 8 aircraft . I was trying to find out if he might have received the German Cross In gold or any further history would be greatly appreciated . Can anyone help me please . See a picture of his goblet .Brent
    Attached Files

There is one Obfw Robert Behrens listed as having been awarded the DKiG on 1/01/1945.

Ian

Comment

Thank You very much

Thank You bery much ..Brent

Comment

Brent,

Don't know where the reference to a pilot came from, but the listing of Honor Goblet winners shows Robert Behrens (award date matches the goblet) as being an air gunner. There is an Obfw Robert Behrens listed on the German War Graves Commission's web site as dying in the Netherlands on 8 Feb 1945. Obviously there is no way to verify that this is him without contacting the proper authorities in Germany (Deutsche Dienstelle WASt, Berlin), but my suspicion based on the area of operations for a night fighter at this period is that it is him.

He is not shown in the Knight's Cross listing and unfortunately I could find no reference to his exact unit.

Regards!

Bob

Comment

In Vol 2 of Nachtjagd War Diaries by Theo Boiten & Robert Mackenzie there is a Feldwebel Behrens (unfortunately no first name given) as belonging to 1./NJG 100 and with 12 kills. There is no other nightfighter pilot listed with that surname.

Comment

Thank You...Brent

Thank You for your continued efforts to help me ...I wonder who might can take this research a little further with the German Archives ?? Brent

Comment

Unteroffizier Behrens did not receive the DK as it is still questionable for his 8-12 kills, and he may have had upwards of 15 with NJG 100.

Dr. T. Boiten will cover the eastern front Nachtjägers in a later volume possibly in 5 more years as he gathers much new info for a re-do of the RAF vs the LW NF's in 2 volumes.

just to throw the questionable DK award forthwith......Ofw. Helmut Dahms who flew a Ju 88G-6 in NJG 100 tillw ars end had at least 24 victories to his credit and received the eP but not the DkG. Haupatmann Helmut Konter who was KIA in March of 45 flying a JU 88G-6 with 15-20 victories received neither the EP nor the DkG.
              Sadly so much of NJG 100 history is convoluted

E ~

Comment

Thank You for this information

Thank You for this information ....More research in time needs to be done I guess ..Thank You again ..Brent

Comment

Brent,

Are you the same "collector" that cut an aircraft swastika in half?
                  http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...craft+swastika

I hope you're not getting any ideas for the Honor Goblet. Perhaps you can just leave it as is?
                  Last edited by mjfur; 09-05-2011, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mjfur View Post
                    Brent,

Are you the same "collector" that cut an aircraft swastika in half?
                    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...craft+swastika

I hope you're not getting any ideas for the Honor Goblet. Perhaps you can just leave it as is?
                    I would suggest keeping your comments relevant to the thread subject and not try to start any bad mouthing. People have been banned for less!

Perhaps you could post in the relevant thread if you want to discuss that issue.

Comment

Uffz. Robert Behrens was the BS/BM to Oblt. Paul Semrau, a well-known Fernnachtjäger of the 1940-41 era.

I have a previously unpublished photo of Behrens and his crew taken in Nov. 1941 that will be published in one of the upcoming volumes in the Nachtjagd Combat Archive series with Wingleader.

Cheers, Theo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X