HG SHoulder Board Pairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HG SHoulder Board Pairs

I would lIke to show you Three pairs of HG shoulderboards I have gotten.

The first is an every so slightly mismatched but Always been together pair of tropical HG boards. I have never seen another pair like these.

Then there are the black HG pair that have a brown or luft signals color piping that could be for panzer signals, arm recon, etc...I am open to opinions for their use. I have never seen another like it.

The last pair is a pair of HG panzer boards white piped. These came off a wrap.

The trop and panzer signals pair both were found recently on Luft tropical shirts in the rags. The shirts were untouched with all the original eagles and the boards were on them. The 2 shirts were found together.

The white piped pair off of a wrap that has history back to the 1970's when it was also found in the rags.

I really like these interesting and hard to find boards.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Interesting, thank you for posting. I would like to take the opportunity to ask why some NCO's straps have a piece of tresse sewn horizontally on their base and others don't have ? What is the difference ?

Comment

Originally posted by New kid View Post
          Interesting, thank you for posting. I would like to take the opportunity to ask why some NCO's straps have a piece of tresse sewn horizontally on their base and others don't have ? What is the difference ?
          That's easy to answer ! Different rank!
          See red arrows
          Attached Files

Comment

Very nice sets of boards Jerry, with or without the story. They are very consistant with Luft boards made for black wraps ( the black ones at least). The tropicals look like most other Luft shirt boards I have had and seen. I am very jealous of the panzer boards...congratulations!

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
              That's easy to answer ! Different rank!
              See red arrows
              Thank you for the explanation, that's clear now. Then, that's why one of the pairs shown here have an added Heer tresse, the guy was promoted from unteroffizier to unterfeldwebel.

Comment

Originally posted by New kid View Post
                Thank you for the explanation, that's clear now. Then, that's why one of the pairs shown here have an added Heer tresse, the guy was promoted from unteroffizier to unterfeldwebel.
                Yes indeed a promotion and Heer pattern tresse used for the creation of the upgraded rank strap!! That is a neat detail!
                I did not even catch that!

Comment

The white piped pair is outstanding and as must be a late war example, I am jealous, congrats and thanks to share this nice insignia.
                  Luca
                  Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X