Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Generalmajor Tabs & Boards

Hi,

I started the topic in the "Uniforms and Insignia" section ( http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=446206 ) but as the thread dried out I decided to move over here with the "finished project".

Luftwaffe Generalmajor collar tabs and boards, unused. The tabs originally came in their cellophane wrap back to back and sewn together. The boards had a small white/red cord around to hold them together. The golden braid consists of a very strong metal net.

The white is NOT as fresh as the photoshopped pics indicate.

They came from Oberst Hans Jürgens, a Flak artillery officer. He was proposed for the promotion to Generalmajor at the end of the war, but the promotion never took place due to the breakdown of communications, as a letter dated May 5th, 1946 from General der Flakartillerie Gerhard Hoffmann, the commanding General in Luftgau III, stated:

Fortunately for me, Oberst Jürgens had bought his General rank stuff in advance ...

I obtained the set from a dealer, Philipp-Militaria (thanks a lot, I really was looking for these items for a very long time now! ). The documents shown are not mine, they still belong to the dealer.

You can find a pair of sew-in boards from this source still on the web page:
    http://www.philipp-militaria.com/kat...ffe-182-2.html

Hope You like the pics, all opinions are of course welcome.

Have a nice weekend,
    Steve

I like the insignia, from the photos. I cannot see anything that runs consistant with any known reproductions. if someone has some experiences that run contradictory, please present them!

Comment

Thanks a lot, Paul.

You have to hold them in the hand to fully appreciate the workmanship especially of the metal net braid of the boards.

Comment

wow Stefan! The craftmanship of the boards is extraoardinary...Really nice!!

Comment

Nice stuff. You got a nice set of insignia there

Comment

Congrats. Beautiful set with a great back story.

Comment

Hello.
              Mines.
              Can you say me your opinion please?
              Thanks.

Comment

Repro IMO.

Comment

I don’t like them either. They look like artificially aged version sold as repros on eBay 10 years ago.

Comment

I don't like them at all.

Sorry..

Comment

Why would you bring this old thread up when you already stated a thread here https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for....php?t=1045131
                      And were told there were bad
                      Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                      teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

I had thought those posts with the blacklight were deleted! Turns out it was just another thread.

J-

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
                          Why would you bring this old thread up when you already stated a thread here https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for....php?t=1045131
                          And were told there were bad

Hope doth spring eternal, Lenny.

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X