Luft maj general tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luft maj general tabs

I have these listed on the estand, someone is now suggesting they may be wrong which comes as news to me seeing as the members on this forum previously gave them the thumbs up. I'd sincerely appreciate comments from those that know their stuff - thankyou

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=1#post3683616

These are not double chevrons...

Comment

New kid is right. No double chevron tabs.

Comment

I stand corrected.

My mistake, very sorry to have caused a fuss. Mind you, its better than bumping, perhaps.
        Sorry again. I live and learn.

JerryBB

Comment

So I am safe to say that these are good ?

Comment

I would wait for Gary B or Paul R and see what they have to say on these ones My overall feeling is that they look repro but I can be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by JG 51 View Post
              I would wait for Gary B or Paul R and see what they have to say on these ones
              I agree ! Let's wait for experienced collectors

Comment

To clarify the double chevron comments - the tabs in question do not portray the 'chevron' at the accute angle that we see on the 'chevron fakes.'

Also the gulls wingspan does not reach out to the wreath like they do on the chevron fakes.

Would still like to hear an expert opinion on these!

Comment

Hi,

I will offer my opinion on these but I am far from an expert. As has been mentioned these tabs do not have the double chevrons like the ones in the thread which I started in this section. I will be posting some clarification on the "double chevron" as I have gotten many PMs, e-mails from concerned collectors mis identifying their tabs as having the "double chevrons".

As a reminder tabs should be evaulated overall without any one criteria in particular being utilized as a discriminator. Tabs were made in a cottage industry and despite having templates to follow the creator had much lee way in creativity.

As for these tabs in particular, I like them and would buy them if I were not strapped for cash for the holiday season. The thread work on the reverse is lovely and something I like to see and something I have never seen on a repro tab.

I would also wait for Paul to chime in.

Gary B
                  ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

They may not have the exact same chevrons, but I noticed they have the exact same "U" shape in the manner of tying up the bullion piping in the back, which was the other alleged identifying characterisitc of these being fake. Personally I don't think you'll ever have an answer on these, as there are too many variations.
                    Last edited by GFM; 12-11-2009, 09:29 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Double chevron embroidry is one trait of many common attributes that make up the "Double Chevron Fake".

This is not one of them.

I would love to have this set in my collection.

Comment

Originally posted by GFM View Post
                        They may not have the exact same chevrons, but I noticed they have the exact same "U" shape in the manner of tying up the bullion piping in the back, which was the other alleged identifying characterisitc of these being fake. Personally I don't think you'll ever have an answer on these, as there are too many variations.
                        Yepp, that was my thought as well. I thought the embroidery looked a bit odd as well. I might be too suspisious when it comes to general tabs. Glad I was wrong

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X