Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goering's collar tabs on sale

http://www.empiremilitaryauctions.co...il.asp?id=1117

I would be interested in reading your comments (no I don't want to buy them, I have not $19,000 yet)

I'm surprised that the white cloth have such web appearance. I would expect a more smooth cloth. But on the other hand, even if these were fakes, they should have to be perfect because of awareness of the potential buyer of this kind of unique item.

Anyway fake or not, it is a beautiful work.

A little rough from time, but look OK. The backing cloth is correct and is actually a special thick weave with interwoven highlights normally seen on these.

Comment

They are for shure better than this set.

GoringCollarTabSetF.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by rudolf souval View Post
        They are for shure better than this set.

[ATTACH]1352541[/ATTACH]
        we are far from these !!

Comment

I would like to a lot more close-up pics if I were to buy a couple of tabs for $19.000 . Are there any experts on these kind of things on the WAF. Would be really intresting to know if these are the real deal. They look nice to me but I´m certainly no expert on göring tabs

Comment

Originally posted by New kid View Post
            we are far from these !!
            Yes we are, they are crap! And you can guess who offers them

Comment

Originally posted by rudolf souval View Post
              Yes we are, they are crap! And you can guess who offers them
              Could it be snyder??

Comment

Hi,

The tabs on Empire's site are fine. I believe I know the consignor.

The "rough weave" of the backing cloth is correct for these tabs as is the embroidery. Over the past few years there have been a few pairs and singles sold. A single sold at the SOS (last year or 2 years ago) for $10K, I believe - the seller is a member here. Kai Winkler has a single on his site for sale and a WAF member also owns a pair which I have been fortunate enought to handle. The last pair I heard of for sale were being offered at $25K. Not sure if they sold. These would be a crowning set to anyone's collection and a "bargain" when compared to the cost of a pair of SA Stabschef tabs or Himmler's tabs which go for considerably more than the opening bid for thes HG tabs.

If you go to The Marshalls Baton you can see some other pictures of Reichmarshall tabs.

Gary B
                ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Originally posted by JG 51 View Post
                  Could it be snyder??

Yes it could, it is his crap for shure!

And BTW, the tabs offered for 19.000$ looks very fine!

Comment

msmmzmzmczmczmnxnx

The embroidery work on the batons is incredible.

Comment

For 19.000.- people can do a lot of good work, I've seen very good fakes of these high end items..
                      Even if it takes a week to make them then there's a good profit at that price, important thing is the provenance when buying such toys and even then..

19.000.- will buy you a lot of un-questionable goodies other than sleepless nights thinking if these are really Herman's spare tabs ....

Jos.

Comment

If you go to "The Marshal's Baton" you will find plenty for comparison. Those on Empire look like fine originals.

LINK TO THE MB: http://www.themarshalsbaton.com/

Richard

Comment

I ran into 4 photos taken by a war correspondent , marked on the back the other day of goerings surrender. But they wanted 150. for the 4, and i passed. But very clear, and showed him taking off his stuff with his aide at his side. They are most likely still in that shop.He was wearing these tabs.

Comment

Pictures reproduced for educational purposes, just in case the link is terminated (auction ends)
                            Attached Files

Comment

-
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X