• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full leather sweat band.
    Attached Files
    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Thanks John and Jack

I'm happy to learn that it's okay for a Luft M41 not to have a seam. Seems (no pun intended) that many tropical hats have seams and I was starting to feel left out. Mine has a tan interior with no seam (interior or exterior). My eyelets have that bronze color, but are magnetic.

Comment

My bronzed eyelets are magnetic too. Clearly plated light steel. I do agree that it is possible textbook factory M41 to have a center seam. I just haven't seen a nicely marked one, which is what it would take for me to believe it.

John is correct in that many Luft guys early on used Heer M40s with Luft insignia. Unless I knew EXACTLY who had that piece for a very long time, I would never touch such an exception. These M41s are very tough. The one at the Max, pictured by John at the end here, went to a friend of mine. And Kris's sold too. First few original ones I have seen for sale in a very long time. Nice to see that the bad ones at the Max did not sell. People are listening, sad it takes such an advanced show to see that happen.

Willi
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hi Steve,

Good to hear that your cap is similar these pictured. Please get a scanner or a digital camera and post photos so we can see and discuss it.

Willi, I'll post mine with the seam later on the thread, but no way will I post the maker mark. You and S must make the trek......
          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Steve,

Here are the grommets on Kris's.
            Attached Files
            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X