Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about Luftwaffe fieldgar and other

Hello!

I am not so good at Luftwaffe fieldgear...I wonder if Luftwaffe K98 ammo pouches and MG42 tool pouches was in brown or black leather? Maybe it was produced in both colours?

I also wonder if someone knows if it was any Luftwaffe ground soldiers in the Ardennes or have pictures with Luftwaffe ground soldiers in the winter 1944-1945 ?

Best wishes from Per.

Luftwaffe used both colours, brown and black. But the brown items are usually more associated with the Luftwaffe, as early pieces were usually brown.

Have a nice day,
    Steve

Comment

Hello Per,
      Prewar, the Luftwaffe had brown chocolate leather for some leather items such as Belt, ammo pouch, bayo frog, mapcase...I have never seen a MG pouch made of brown chocolate. There are early brown ones, intented for the Heer...but i don't remember seeing a brown chocolate. During the war, the Luftwaffe equipments were produced in black leather, but brown chocolate items were still used. Luftwaffe items made of lighter brown leather do exist also, but unless they bear a LBA, they also could be items from another branch...I hope it helps...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X