Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General metal breast eagle for review pls

Hello,
    Could I have your opinion about the breast eagle please ? It's not a model that I know but it looks well made. Thank you. Best Regards, Pierre VBNE.jpg CVBN.jpg

Nobody ? Jos ? Jean-Claude ? Where are you ? ????

Comment

It's a cast fake IMO..

Jos

Comment

Salut Pierre

Still around and kicking but staying out of trouble when possible so do wait for Jos on this one. Two picts of the same identical bird in silver to compare. Top one is silvered tombac (with barrel hinge) bottom one is aluminum with crimped hardware.

There's a long saga about this particular bird might it be gold or silver but In a nut shell an aluminum gilded bird with so much wear to the high points wouldnt have any gold left on those high points...The hardware is also questionable for that variant

JC
        Attached Files

Comment

JC, I think that the one in question is not as detailed as the ones you're showing..
          Look at the body feathers and the beak ..
          Those gold versions of the type Pierre is showing are probably messing birds, anyway, they're old fakes IMO, I remember that 30 years ago they were all over the place, worn look, typical stripes in the metal at the back from grinding or something, some even had a small hole at the back between the wings and the swas, a piece of metal was ripped away at that place where they poured the metal into the mould.
          I wouldn't buy this one..

Jos

Comment

Originally posted by Jos L C View Post
            JC, I think that the one in question is not as detailed as the ones you're showing..
            Look at the body feathers and the beak ..
            Those gold versions of the type Pierre is showing are probably messing birds, anyway, they're old fakes IMO, I remember that 30 years ago they were all over the place, worn look, typical stripes in the metal at the back from grinding or something, some even had a small hole at the back between the wings and the swas, a piece of metal was ripped away at that place where they poured the metal into the mould.
            I wouldn't buy this one..

Jos
            Hi Jos,
            I agree its not as detailed as mine but its the same bird/die which also happens to also be the same die as the "big A" fake in aluminum with integrated hinge IMO. On an aluminum bird the head and body feather differences (with mine) could be attributed to wear since they are on the high points but in that case there wouldnt be any guiding left where the detail is worn like the OP bird has. Interesting info: I didnt know about those old messing/brass fakes you mentioned because I've never heard of or seen one of those so far but I'm not a fan of this one either irrespective of what its made of
            ​​​​​​​
            Take care

JC

Comment

Jos and Jean-Claude, a big THANK YOU !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X