Request For Help with These Photographs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request For Help with These Photographs

I was looking through the photograph album of a Luftwaffe enlisted man who is pictured in Luftwaffe uniform in several portrait photographs. However, there are also two photographs in the album of the same man in another uniform, on which he wears a wing. Does anyone know what this other uniform is? Civilian? Military? Country? I'm perplexed.
    Thanks, gentlemen!
    Attached Files

Perhaps Fliegertruppenabzeichen für Unteroffiziere sowie Chargen und Soldaten ohne Chargengrad. Austrian Air Force badge for Jr and Senior NCOs. According to Rolf Urrisk in his book "Die Uniformen des österreichischen Bundesheeres 1918-1938" these badges were introduced on the 9th of March 1935 for wear on the M1936 uniform.....

Attached Files
    RonR

Comment

Thank you, Ron. I believe that you are correct! He seems to be wearing the uniform of an NCO in the Austrian Air force.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill D. View Post
        Thank you, Ron. I believe that you are correct! He seems to be wearing the uniform of an NCO in the Austrian Air force.
        That is indeed correct, he wears the M36 Austrian airforce uniform. Very nice pics, thanks for sharing.

Comment

In looking through the album further I noticed this photograph of a Luftwaffe officer. Under magnification it can be seen that he is wearing an Austrian aviation badge on his lower left breast.
          Attached Files

Comment

You can always tell the Austrian WW1 vets by the size of their ribbon bars.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X