EdelweissAntique

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flak-Regiment 3 Musikzug uniforms (color slide)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flak-Regiment 3 Musikzug uniforms (color slide)

Hello, I thought it might interest someone here in this forum. Musikzug of Flak-Regiment 3. The leader shows a Kragenspiegel with only a harp on it. He has a good medal bar.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Akira Takiguchi; 08-29-2020, 09:11 PM.

Thanks for the most interesting photo. Looks like his 4 and 12 year medals might be placed at the end of the bar for convenience.

I'd be very pleased to own his uniform and accessories.

Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike. He is an NCO (shoulder board and tresse) but I can't explain his Kragenspiegel. Is having only harp normal? What is the pinkish thing below his collar tresse?

Comment

Originally posted by Akira Takiguchi View Post
        He is an NCO (shoulder board and tresse) but I can't explain his Kragenspiegel. Is having only harp normal?
        Yes. He is a Musikleiter. These were NCO-ranked men who led a Musikkorps in lieu of a Musikmeister. Following a probationary period, they were promoted to the rank of Oberfeldwebel (later on, promotion to Stabsfeldwebel was possible, too). They wore collar patches with a metal lyre instead of the usual wings.

Comment

A very interesting and very nice image. I guess having the lyre on the collar tab makes it not necessary on the shoulder strap like an officer. Do you have any other images of the unit?

Comment

The "pinkish" color below the collar Tresse is just the red twist piping that edged the collars of earlier tunics.

Comment

Great slides - thank you for posting. All those medals and only a BWB.

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X