Vintage Productions

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are Luftwaffe aircraft clocks not worth more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are Luftwaffe aircraft clocks not worth more?

Hello,

I have bought three 5th model Junghans flight clocks in the past month all from $137 to $180. Why are these not worth more? It must have cost Germany more than a belt buckle to produce these yet now they almost bring the same amount of money. Now none of them run, which I am about to try and fix. I plan on sending them off to a friend of mine whose repairs watches to see what he can do. I like them and will try to continue to pick them up when I come across them.

Nice and I've always thought they would be fun to collect too. Who knows why they don't fetch more. Can you confirm what aircraft they come off of?? Let is know what it takes to get them running again!

Comment

All a question about demand. Guess more people are interested in collecting buckles than in collecting airplane clocks.

Comment

One of the most massive aircraft in the history of aviation, the Messerschmitt 109. Considering the fact that most of the Luftwaffe aircraft except the Ju-52 and Strolch had the same type of clock. It is clear that there are a lot of them.

Comment

they must be more expensive in the UK/EU cant find them that cheaply

Comment

I am unable to confirm what aircraft any of mine came off of. I will let you guys know when I get one running.

Comment

For example, this one just popped up today https://www.kpemig.de/navi.php?a=70771&lang=eng 400 Euro and its partially broken.

No cheap deals here

Comment

The hands on that one have been repainted for sure. I have gotten lucky on ebay with people listing them with vague descriptions that do not come up in normal searches. I am waiting for one I paid $137 for. Here are two in little wooden frames that I made.

Comment

Those look sharp! Way to go!

Comment

Thank you very much. I just made a base out of Zebra wood and am waiting on the clock.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X