Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fw190 main data plate

Fw190A8 739583.jpg

The jhe code is for the factory AGO in the location of Orchersleben. Because the low quality if the photo I and not sure of the Wnr. to identify the bach which it belongs to.
    Francisco

Comment

Originally posted by Francisco V. View Post
      The jhe code is for the factory AGO in the location of Orchersleben. Because the low quality if the photo I and not sure of the Wnr. to identify the bach which it belongs to.
      Francisco
      Thank you, Francisco. The plate, with WN 739583, was a GI's prize. So far no history has surfaced.

Comment

Hello,
        Extrangely that number does not enter in any AGO made batch; it is in a gap amongs two of them. I can ask in other forums if you do not mind I repost the data plate
        Last edited by Francisco V.; 08-19-2020, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Hello,
          Extrangely that number does not enter in any AGO made batch; it is in a gap amongs two of them. I can ask in other forums if you do not mind I post the data plate to ask
          I welcome any further information via the WN. Thank you.

Comment

This is the reply I got:
            Concerning the Fw 190A-8 WNr. 739 583, I suggest the following.

In ca. 1998, Peter Rodeike published a major and superb work on the Fw 190 that remains the best technical reference on the type today. It is Rodeike, Focke Wuilf Fw 190 Jagdflugzeug: Fw 190A, Fw 190 "Dora," Ta 152H (Eutin: Struve Druck).

On p. 267, Rodeike lists the production blocks for Fw 190A-8s manufactured by AGO at Oschersleben. One of these blocks was 739 130-739 580.

The above means that your data plate does fall into a gap (after 739 580) as defined by Rodeike. Your "gap," however, is only three aircraft after 739 580. All of us know that Rodeike, while presenting excellent and reliable data on Werknummern, may be slightly off, especially in later Fw 190 production after the summer of 1944. Judged in this light, 739 583 is not surprising and can easily be explained as a slight error on Rodeike's part. The author himself actually admits this: he wrote "≈ 410" as total production in the block in question, that is, at the time of publication, Rodeike believed the block limits to be about 739 130-739 580.

Your plate shows that block 739 130-739 580 did, in fact, extend beyond 739 580. How far? Well, we don't yet know, but it probably wasn't very far, perhaps only five machines.

Comment

This is the reply I got:
              Concerning the Fw 190A-8 WNr. 739 583, I suggest the following.

In ca. 1998, Peter Rodeike published a major and superb work on the Fw 190 that remains the best technical reference on the type today. It is Rodeike, Focke Wuilf Fw 190 Jagdflugzeug: Fw 190A, Fw 190 "Dora," Ta 152H (Eutin: Struve Druck).

On p. 267, Rodeike lists the production blocks for Fw 190A-8s manufactured by AGO at Oschersleben. One of these blocks was 739 130-739 580.

The above means that your data plate does fall into a gap (after 739 580) as defined by Rodeike. Your "gap," however, is only three aircraft after 739 580. All of us know that Rodeike, while presenting excellent and reliable data on Werknummern, may be slightly off, especially in later Fw 190 production after the summer of 1944. Judged in this light, 739 583 is not surprising and can easily be explained as a slight error on Rodeike's part. The author himself actually admits this: he wrote "≈ 410" as total production in the block in question, that is, at the time of publication, Rodeike believed the block limits to be about 739 130-739 580.

Your plate shows that block 739 130-739 580 did, in fact, extend beyond 739 580. How far? Well, we don't yet know, but it probably wasn't very far, perhaps only five machines.
              Hi Francisco,

Thank you very much. Great new information!

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X