Billy Kramer

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mystery HG division panzer straps- punishment unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery HG division panzer straps- punishment unit?

Hi Guys,

I picked up these very unusual un-piped black straps which are clearly WW2 period with Luftwaffe subdued piping. I haven't been able to match them to anything except perhaps HG Panzer which would be piped white. The only un-piped straps I know of are for penal units. These straps do interestingly show signs of rank demotion with a removed pip and bottom bar of tresse- Feldwebel down to Unteroffizier.

What are your thoughts? Anyone seen such before?

Many thanks

Patrick
    Attached Files

I don't believe there were any Panzer disciplinary units.

Comment

No I had heard that also but maybe he wore the same tunic in a non armoured unit? They must be HG panzer straps - as they are sew in it is unlikely they are WSS. Or perhaps they are just a tailors variation made with no piping?

Comment

From what I understood, the zero waffenfarbe internees were stripped of rank and all performed demeaning and hazardous roles. Definitely not working with armored vehicles or etc. I think this is a board done he removed the piping from.

NCOs in charge of punished personnel wore the waffenfarbe of their parent unit/personnel.

Comment

Thanks Paul, makes sense, I guess why give these guys new straps when they can re-use their existing ones and were expendable anyway?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X