Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe bullion eagle, on uniform cloth remnant

Hi Gents,

Would appreciate thoughts on this bullion Luftwaffe eagle, on uniform cloth remnant. I've had this piece for probably close to 20 years; ex-George Petersen. I have no issue with the eagle itself, but have always been curious about the cloth remnant. The color seems dead-on, but it seems kind of rough/coarse material for an officer tunic. In taking some photos this evening, I did notice some needle holes on the fabric (paralleling the red line that I drew). But I see no other lining material present on the reverse.

Thoughts on this one?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Nice piece, most likely a cut-off from an enlisted Fliegerbluse that was upgraded to officer
    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Originally posted by DouglasDwight View Post
      Hi Gents,

Would appreciate thoughts on this bullion Luftwaffe eagle, on uniform cloth remnant. I've had this piece for probably close to 20 years; ex-George Petersen. I have no issue with the eagle itself, but have always been curious about the cloth remnant. The color seems dead-on, but it seems kind of rough/coarse material for an officer tunic. In taking some photos this evening, I did notice some needle holes on the fabric (paralleling the red line that I drew). But I see no other lining material present on the reverse.

Thoughts on this one?

Thanks in advance.
      I see the picked out stitches on the backside as well. Good cutoff imo
      Attached Files
      Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
      teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Thank you, Gene & Lenny, for your input. I see the stitching holes on the reverse of the cloth, Lenny, as you were much more capable of presenting. ????

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X