EspenlaubMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General's summer tunics eagles question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General's summer tunics eagles question.

Here are a few images from E-medals of general's summer tunics eagles, in the description it says type two.
    So the type one were the earlier pieces and made of what metal ?
    Any pictures of those type one eagles and how many were original variations of type one ?

Thank You!

Type one, drooptail eagle in buntmetal.
    For General there might be only a few different types of these, almost all are unmarked.. Assmann made one for sure..
    For now, my guess is 3 different makers, design more or less the same..

Jos

Comment

No expert but as far as I know probably most type one Luft summer eagle makers also made type 2 eagles later when the design changed. As Jos said type one eagles have a distinctive "droop tail" design like the 3 shown at left and are made of nickle plated brass/tombac which make them heavier than the second model which are usually made of cupal, aluminum (like the 2 you show) or zink.

The 2 Emedal birds you show look like gold (general) Assmann 2nd pattern birds in aluminum. Stangely enough the maker mark " A - D.R.G.M" is mostly all polished off of the gold ones but you can usually still see traces of the original mark which is also present on silver aluminum Assmann birds like the one posted at right .Considering how rare & expensive the gold ones are its risky business as a lot of the gold ones floating around (and Assmann 2nd pattern gold are fairly plentiful compared to other versions) are actually silver ones with a face lift so even if I would love to get one, I never built up the guts to take a chance so far

Regards

JC
      Attached Files

Comment

Here's a General drooptail I saved from a auction..

Jos
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X