Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Generals wearing an aiguillette

Hello all,

Does anyone have any period pics they can share of a Luftwaffe General wearing a dress aiguillette?

please help if you can!

William Kramer
    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Here is an Army general wearing them Billy, I couldn't fine one for the Luftwaffe though..
    This is Generaloberst Eugen Ritter von Schobert...

Bob
    Attached Files

Comment

GFM Milch wearing one in the back behind Hermann Göring...
      Attached Files

Comment

Hermann Göring wearing one in this pic....
        Attached Files

Comment

Göring, Milch
          Attached Files

Comment

You can find all about this in my book "Aiguillettes of the Third Reich", published in 2007
            by Bender Publishing with 640 pages. In various sections the general's subject is told
            about with many photographs. Not just Luftwaffe, but practically all organizations of the
            Third Reich, political, military and civil.

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
              You can find all about this in my book "Aiguillettes of the Third Reich", published in 2007
              by Bender Publishing with 640 pages. In various sections the general's subject is told
              about with many photographs. Not just Luftwaffe, but practically all organizations of the
              Third Reich, political, military and civil.
              well I guess I'm just confused. While searching the web I ran across this example which is listed as Heer. It is only the single type (similar to Luftwaffe and adjutant) so what is this pattern?

is there a difference in meaning or branch? I'm sorry but I don't have a copy of that book

William Kramer
              Attached Files

Comment

Additionally, Bill Shea sold this uniform belonging to a General der Flieger Stefan and it features a single cord type aiguillette worn not with a brocade belt but the typical golden double claw buckle. Is this acceptable? If so then there must be a different meaning between the two gold types we see, correct?

William Kramer
                Attached Files

Comment

The dress aiguillette is only to be worn with the brocade belt, William. Same as for the Heer. LW aiguilettes should not have the ferrules on them - the first Goering photo is very early after the establishment of the LW, so he is still wearing a Heer-pattern aiguilette The one you posted might be Reichswehr - Wilhelm could probably tell us. BTW, Goering is most definitely NOT wearing his aiguillettes according to regulations - shocking!

Don

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
                    The dress aiguillette is only to be worn with the brocade belt, William. Same as for the Heer. LW aiguilettes shoudl not have the ferrules on them. The ne you posted might be Reichswehr - Wilhelm could probably tell us. BTW, Goering is most definitely NOT wearing his aiguillette according to regulations - shocking!

Don
                    so what exactly are the single cord aiguillettes then? They're not for brocade dress, but what do they signify?

I'm sorry I'm so confused by this.

William Kramer

Comment

That I cannot say, WIlliam.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by all1knew View Post

so what exactly are the single cord aiguillettes then? They're not for brocade dress, but what do they signify?

I'm sorry I'm so confused by this.

William Kramer
                        William,
                        I’m not sure what mean by single cord - do you mean the types shown by you in this thread? These are indeed the typical LW general style, as also shown in the pics posted. If so, what alternative style are you contrasting them with? The Heer general style shown in post # 2?

Sandro

Comment

It would lead to far for me to explain all about the cords, as I do not have the time
                          to go into depth with it. Therefore I wrote that book, so people could see and read
                          about what, how and such.
                          Officially an aiguillette goes with a brocade.

In 1927 the single braid was introduced for the army. There is a beautiful photo
                          from Goering wearing the golden version with his general's army uniform on
                          page 55. The single one as shown here could be a version for the police, as they
                          did wear this type also. On page 215 there is one with a promotion-document of
                          the owner the Generalmajor der Polizei Theodor Siebert. The items were supplied
                          too me by the Polizeihistorische Sammlung at Berlin.

And of course the Luftwaffe did wear this form, as did the TeNo, the forestry organisation
                          and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by GdC26 View Post

William,
                            I’m not sure what mean by single cord - do you mean the types shown by you in this thread? These are indeed the typical LW general style, as also shown in the pics posted. If so, what alternative style are you contrasting them with? The Heer general style shown in post # 2?

Sandro
                            yes, and I guess Goring wearing the style with two braided cords and the ferule tips is what is throwing me off.

thank you to all who have helped thus far.

William Kramer

Comment

Why he did wear the ferrules is not mentioned. I guess he adapted
                              this on own accord or while he once was an army general.
                              He was the man and could do that!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X