Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot boots luftwaffe ?

Hello,
    I found a pair of pilot boots that resembles those used by the luftwaffe.
    Here are the photos below.

But there is no RBNR label, no markings except on the zipper.

The zipper is brand KIN "Koh i noor", Czech manufacturing.

Do you think they are from World War II or are they post-war?
    Were these boots made after the war?
    Thank you for your opinions .

Have a good day

Last edited by Gib; 06-01-2020, 04:38 PM.

Postwar Czech, nice for a display
    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Thank you Gene for this answer.
      These boots continued to be manufactured after the war for the Czech and German aviation?
      Thank you

Comment

For Czech aviators.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene View Post
          Postwar Czech, nice for a display

I´ll agree with Gene on this one

Andy

Comment

If it was WW2 or Spanish Civil War period then that type style zipper would say WICO.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironheart View Post
              If it was WW2 or Spanish Civil War period then that type style zipper would say WICO.
              My Berlin made Hoffmann boots from 1937 has Ri-Ri zippers

Comment

Originally posted by Francisco V. View Post

My Berlin made Hoffmann boots from 1937 has Ri-Ri zippers
                I saw a pair used in Spanish Civil War that had the WICO zipper. RiRi was not the only contracted zippers, there was also RAPID that was used on flight gear. I was only mentioning it because WICO zippers have a very odd shape pull for a zipper and it is quickly recognizable. Also, I was not contesting the issue just merely adding to it. The original photo of the Czech made boots have nearly the same shape design zipper pull of WICO but when WW2 was over the Czech zipper company went to using KIN. That is one way of knowing that these boots in the 1st posted thread photo are POST WW2. Here are two pair that according to their listings were pre 1939 with WICO zippers.

IMG_1737 (Large).jpg 1859d7fc-0210-48fb-bf00-8965331b928e 1939 WICO zipper.jpg

Comment

Dont look like pre 1939 where did you get the listings from.

Comment

Here are my pair, Hoffmam 1938, very high quality, zip pulls are zipp... but fitting, are chrome and extra leather gusset behind the zip which i have a feeling the boots you have pictured are not pre war. Regards Paul (dated 1938....) 20200815_211719.jpg 20200815_211755.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Woodbyrne View Post
                      Dont look like pre 1939 where did you get the listings from.
                      I saw it on a google search and it was some old listing in the caption.. I only read what the captions said.

Comment

I agree about those nice Hoffman boots, but were those the only ones being made? I am a bit puzzled then, would this illustration be incorrect?
                        fa51d7fcd45866fedd98f8eeb09b10b4.jpg

Comment

Something else I very stumped about.....do not get me wrong or misunderstand my questioning. I am not making any claims of having this history down pat or making any claims that my info is correct. I am just relying on what others state, print, photograph or vocalize. Many times I have asked people about the zippers, snaps, buttons etc., about is there a history reference so as to date items. No one answered my questions on any forum anywhere with any absolute certainty so, I sent an email to ZIPP-Workes asking about the zipper with the lightning bolt and the D.R.P. Nurnberg on it. They only replied stating that that design was produced only during the war years. I wrote back asking what years were that? I did not get any further reply. So, there I am back to square one without any real specifics or absolutes.

Comment

On the subject of the boots , i have 2 pairs of double zip black boots, date 1939 and 1937 i think.The last picture is an artist impression and not worth the paper its printed on. Some luftwaffe air crew wore shoes, high riding boots , running track shoes, and someone said slippers.... due to the injury rate during the Battle of Britain they were ordered to wear the correct flight attire.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X