LW Field Division Camo Blouse/Jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LW Field Division Camo Blouse/Jacket

Showing here a short (1/4 or 1/2 length?), lightweight, single-breasted LW Field Division camo jacket / blouse / smock / wrap (not sure what to call it) made of herringbone twill cloth in what I believe to be the LW splinter pattern (Splittertarnmuster). It has a turndown collar; provision for detachable epaulettes/shoulder straps; a 4-button front closure with plastic buttons and 2-button cuffs; a single metal hook and eye fastener at the neck; a machine-sewn later pattern breast eagle; is unlined with armpit ventilation holes and has one inside upper left chest pocket which is well-marked and named.

I have this far been unable to find a pictured example of this short length item as described and a type-name.

All feedback and assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

John
    Attached Files

The jacket shown is made from an original Luftwaffe field division camouflage coat that has been shortened to waist length (when?). The eagle appears to be replaced. The eagles on an earlier coat like this would generally be on the standard blue wool backing and this eagle not only exhibits exaggerated stitching but you seem to see where the previous eagle was sewn.

Comment

Thanks for that feedback and comments "OSS". Here is a picture of the reverse side where the eagle is attached. Also a picture of the interior.

The alteration appears to me to have been period done.

But, in any case, you refer to the longer version as a "coat", so the shortened/altered version is what one might refer to as a "jacket", right? I just want to get the terminology correct.

All further input will be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

John
      Attached Files

Comment

look likes one of these jackets

photo ownership: 17thairborne
        from the Bill Petz thread :https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...d.php?t=802156

Comment

It was not unusual for LWFD men to tuck their camouflage jackets into their trousers.
          It would be difficult to know whether these had been shortened or not but waist length camouflage jackets were not produced during the war. You should visit the Luftwaffe Field Division thread that has been pinned on the Fallschirmjager forum to see many examples of these jackets.

Comment

its a cut off jacket and reworked a bit on the back ,think resized

Comment

Originally posted by Höhe 112 View Post
              look likes one of these jackets

photo ownership: 17thairborne
              from the Bill Petz thread :https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...d.php?t=802156
              easy to see the jackets are not cut just tucked in pants

Comment

Originally sewn eagle IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                  Originally sewn eagle IMO
                  Each of us must have our own criteria for determining originality. I have never seen a HBT backed eagle on a splinter LWFD smock and whoever applied that eagle made at least two passes around the perimeter. Also if you look closely you may be able to detect of minor fraying to the material around the zig zag stitching. At any rate here is an original application for comparison:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello

Very interesting case! And credible. I have already seen one other, from the "field" of Normandie. We can imagine such transformation, in particular for armored crews.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X