Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Majors tunic; Thoughts?

Good afternoon,

Acquired what appears to be pre-war tailor made tunic. Looking for opinions and and input as to what sort of bar may go on it and any information as such.

Thanks,
    John
    Attached Files

Could this be the same guy?:

SCHEIDT, Werner. 09.39 Obstlt., Kdr. Lg.Nachr.Rgt. 13 and concurrently Nafü/Luftgaukdo. XIII (to 07.40). 04.07.40 Obstlt., appt Kdr. Ln.-Rgt. 2 (to 30.09.42). 01.04.41 promo to Oberst (Ln.). 11.06.43 Oberst in Führerreserve RLM/Ob.d.L., trf to RLM (Stab/Gen. für den Personaleinsatz d.Lw.).

Comment

Kriegrelic,

My thoughts exactly but could find no other information on the man apart from that small little part. Ashame it doesn't tell anything about pre-war as the date of the tunic makes me think he might have been in Spain during the Civil War.

John
      Last edited by JohnG; 04-22-2020, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Can you please post tops of the shoulder boards, where they are sewn into the seam? How well does a Spain Cross fit on the loops? Which spacing fits better? DKiG or Spain Cross?

Does the eagle look reattached?

A nice two-war ribbon bar would be awesome for such an early tunic with the Major rank.

Comment

PaulR,

Here's a photo of the shoulder boards at the seams, to me the eagle on the right breast appears to be reattached. As to the DKiG or the Spanish Cross l haven't got them in my collection yet as l've just started to collect but will be getting them in the near future. Just trying to decide which one would be better suited which l hope you guys can help out with.

JohnG
          Attached Files

Comment

Appears to be a damn nice jacket with re-applied eagle. I'd also prefer to see a bullion pilot badge although I suppose anything is possible.

Mike

Comment

Looks like boards have been reapplied. J

Comment

I agree. At minimum (and I could be wrong), based upon my experience, the eagle and shoulder boards are replaced. Regardless, still an early great jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by Kriegrelic View Post
                  Could this be the same guy?:

SCHEIDT, Werner. 09.39 Obstlt., Kdr. Lg.Nachr.Rgt. 13 and concurrently Nafü/Luftgaukdo. XIII (to 07.40). 04.07.40 Obstlt., appt Kdr. Ln.-Rgt. 2 (to 30.09.42). 01.04.41 promo to Oberst (Ln.). 11.06.43 Oberst in Führerreserve RLM/Ob.d.L., trf to RLM (Stab/Gen. für den Personaleinsatz d.Lw.).
                  If it were this officer wouldn’t his waffenfarbe be brown for Nachrichtentruppen? Also it is possible but somewhat unlikely he would have a FFA.

Jeremy

Comment

Based on the info provided I'd say this was originally a Signal piped Fb that was rebadged as a Flight Major.

1) Maybe it was found stripped and the person who rebadged it had no info to go on regarding Scheidt.

2) Maybe it was stripped and purposely rebadged as Flight to increase the desirability and value.

Based on my experience in this hobby I'd say 2 is the likelier scenario. It's a nice tunic and I'd restore it to Signal if it was mine.

vr

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Waffenreich View Post
                      Based on the info provided I'd say this was originally a Signal piped Fb that was rebadged as a Flight Major.

1) Maybe it was found stripped and the person who rebadged it had no info to go on regarding Scheidt.

2) Maybe it was stripped and purposely rebadged as Flight to increase the desirability and value.

Based on my experience in this hobby I'd say 2 is the likelier scenario. It's a nice tunic and I'd restore it to Signal if it was mine.

vr

Bob
                      +1 to all above.

Comment

A few more Scheidt's to look at, http://www.ww2.dk/lw%20Offz%20-%20S-...Apr%202020.pdf .

Comment

Originally posted by Waffenreich View Post

vr

Bob

+1.

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X