Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LKpW101 flight helmet(s)

Hello gents,

this lockdown has given me a chance to reflect on my collection, appreciate it, and take a look at some items I have not even seen for a while. Here is my Lkp w101, hope you like it, and please if possible and time permits, post your own here too, I would love to see them ....
    Attached Files

....& tag....
    Attached Files

Comment

Excellent example, clean and with nice readable labels and stamps. 54 is a good size for a display head.
      WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Thanks Gene, yes it seems unused so has remained very clean all these years.

Its dated 22 Feb 1940 , but would this "winter" type still have been used in the Western European air battles, up to and including the Battle of Britain and beyond,... it's cold up there obviously, so is the W for "winter" a bit of a misnomer, and that they didn't just use the cloth Summer and net versions ? or am i wrong?

Comment

Nice one !

Jos
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Jos, looks a good book too.

Comment

Hello Eubank,
              I thought I would show the opposite to your pristine and fine example of a LKpW101.

This one is not in very good condition and was apparently taken from a Luftwaffe Leutnant airman in North London in 1940. I also have his flight suit. What is especially interesting about this beat-up helmet is the date on the label, '28th August 1938'. So this must have been one of the first produced LKpW101 as I know they were still producing the 100 in June 1938.
              Regards,
              Andy
              Attached Files

Comment

Wonderful helmet Andy ! Great history too, yes I have seen that type of tag on the 100 helmets also, I think there's one on CGuild now.

Comment

very nice Andy, love ones with history.... Here is my early summer type, it came from a closed meusem in the uk. It is in mint condition the fabric is still stiff. Early date 1937 and the best head size you can get 59. Regards Paul.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Pic2
                    Attached Files

Comment

Pic 3
                      Attached Files

Comment

Pic4
                        Attached Files

Comment

Excellent, Paul, thanks for showing it.
                          I've always wanted a flying helmet ever since seeing The Machine Gunners on tv as a kid in the 80's !

Comment

Pic 5
                            Attached Files

Comment

I have the 100 w winter and summer 100 s i will post later. Regards Paul.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X