Nebelhandgranate 39 article with the full story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nebelhandgranate 39 article with the full story

I have now concluded my work on the Nebelhandgranate, the Nebelhandgranate 39 and the Nebelhandgranate 39B. There is also some more background info on the use of smoke/fog, as well as a short list of other smoke generators used by the Wehrmacht.

I have placed the article as a sub-article under the Stielhandgranate 24 menu, although it strictly doesn't belong there.

Thanks to Nick Jeeeeeensy for his contributions (fun running into you at Ciney!)

If someone has new info on makers please drop me a line!

Enjoy!

https://www.bergflak.com/m24index.html

Many thanks !!!
    As usual.. very informative and nice pictures !!
    Regards

Comment

Looks great - highly detailed & informative. Thanks!

Eric

Comment

Thanks for letting us know. You did a great job as usual!

Comment

Thank you all for the feedback!

I added a snippet at the end yesterday with pictures of the current copy of the Nebelhandgranate 39 and what to look for.

Comment

Great article and great website!

I have a very early NB39 which is matched to its stick. '39 dated and made by "Richard Rinker". Here is the head, which seems to have another lettering variant.

I have been puzzled by this example for several years. The handle does not have the white band, and it is shaped a little differently than other '39 dated "RR"s. I bought It from a collector years ago who obtained it from a US veteran who picked it up in Italy, from a German 251 half-track.
            Attached Files
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

That's a beauty! Hagenuk marked examples are very rare, only seen one other, and that was smashed. It appears the stencil used is a type only seen on Hagenuk made Nebels, with the odd "N". Yours have had the "Arsenal upgrade", with "39" added post factory. The font of the numbers is slightly lower, and the ink of the "39" is more faded. No pictures of the handle, so I can't comment on that.

Not my picture, but here is the other Hagenuk. I found it in another thread here.
              Attached Files

Comment

Well, that is interesting. Here it is with a '39 dated "RR" M24 for comparison. Note the handle near the end cap is thinner with a less prounounced bulge. The wooden handle is longer as well. This piece always baffled me as I could find nothing out about it. I knew the source was good, but the absence of a white stripe was odd.
                Attached Files
                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Very interesting! It is the first "matching set" I have seen of can and handle with the same maker. (Might be due to the early production age!).
                  Hagenuk gqv Pommersche Industrie-Werke GmbH, Barth "made it" (filled it) in 1940, while the can and stick were made by bdb. ЯR 784 A. Grothe & Söhne GmbH Elektrotechnische Fabrik, Köln-Zollstock in 1939.

With your permission I would like to use these pictures in my article.

Comment

Amazing information! Thanks.

Sure, you can use any of the photos. Here are a few more.
                    Attached Files
                    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X