UniformsNSDAP

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8.8cm Flak18/Flak36 bottom plate text font?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.8cm Flak18/Flak36 bottom plate text font?

I'm CAD modeling some Tiger I ammo and would like to get the closest font I can for replicating the text stamped into the bottom plate (rim?) for the Flak18 and Flak36 cartridge cases. I know the font types weren't necessarily uniform from manufacturer to manufacturer, but there does seem to be a frequently seen style. Does anyone know what font or fonts are good matches?

I can't identify the correct font and the closest I can find is only superficially the same (Source Sans Pro Light).

Thanks for any help or hints.

Hopefully it will help you...............

Comment

Thanks. I have photos of the real stuff (it's nice to see a much larger version of that technical drawing though!). I just can't find the right font to match. Source Sans Pro Light is close, but the numbers aren't quite right. Akrobat is better for the numbers, but the letters aren't quite right. I could mix and match the 2 fonts, but that isn't quite as easy as it sounds in the CAD tool (e.g., alignment issues). I'll keep looking. I can use Source Sans Pro Light if I have to, but figured I'd check and see if anyone before me has already done this legwork.

PS - I did look at DIN 1451, but the 6's, 7's, and 9's are off.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by GCreager; 11-15-2019, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X