Box of Shrapnel & Butterfly Bomb Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Box of Shrapnel & Butterfly Bomb Parts

I was given a box of shrapnel yesterday, an old school friend has been sorting through her fathers estate and found the following items, the SD-2 parts are obviously from a detonated example, there also appears to be a piece of aircraft skinning, this is a typical boys collection from the WW2 period.
    Attached Files

Very neat find!

JL

Comment

Nice little group. Also the tail from a B1-E Incendiary bomb. If only those parts could talk and tell us their story.

Comment

Fantastic I remember when I live in Surrey you could find those incendiary bomb fins at jumble sales. You need to find out where your friends dad picked those pieces up keep them together and get them framed. Rob
        God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Agree 100% with Robb . . . you need to gather as many details as possible on the finder of these items and write it down to keep the story together with the items.
          Assuming the finder was in fact a child during WWII, then you can be virtually certain that the items came from right within the local area where the child lived . . . odds are strong that the child would not have been traveling extensively throughout wartime England. Once you know where the child lived wartime, it could be fun to research the various air raids, battles, etc. that took place in that area . . . thereby linking the items to the history that produced them.

Perhaps you friend might even have a childhood photo of her father during the war years?

Good luck and please keep us updated with your findings!

Comment

I am betting the Croydon area. Rob
            God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Thanks for the replies gents, he was born in approx 1931 and grew up in the following areas, Wokingham (Berkshire) and Sawston (Cambridgeshire), I will ask Nikki for more info to try and build up a picture of his childhood.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X