No announcement yet.

2 cm Flak 30 spare barrels box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have made close examination of the box. It is 1938 dated! It had been repainted at least twice. First layer of paint is probably three colour camouflage I will provide more pictures later.

Comment

Pictures of camouflage colours and date 1938. I wonder if it was factory painted like boxes for MG. There are also traces of early stencilled description on the box, with white paint.
      Attached Files

Comment

I have just cleaned box inside and I found beautiful tri colour camouflage untouched! I guess it was factory sprayed.
        Attached Files

Comment

I have added a new accessory to Rohrkasten. Two screwable pieces are missing...
          Attached Files

Comment

Very nice. You are making progress.

Comment

Hi PZO

Re the 3 colours, the box is actually a good example of the way they were used.

Ammo boxes, Barrel carriers and mine carriers which are fairly small tend to be banded with the three colours, meaning each colour is only used once.

However, on larger items the patches of colour are more used in multiple areas.

You can imagine what a full sized armoured vehicle may look like when fully painted up.

The tool you have added into the box.........what is its function??

Regards

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by timg View Post
                Hi PZO

Re the 3 colours, the box is actually a good example of the way they were used.

Ammo boxes, Barrel carriers and mine carriers which are fairly small tend to be banded with the three colours, meaning each colour is only used once.

However, on larger items the patches of colour are more used in multiple areas.

You can imagine what a full sized armoured vehicle may look like when fully painted up.

The tool you have added into the box.........what is its function??

Regards

Tim
                Tim, in case of this box there was a lot of surface to play with colours Indeed it looks more mixed here. We need to look for some pictures of vehicles bearing that type of camouflage. About the tool. A Friend from Germany told me that this thing was used to remove dud or misfire ammo from the barrel. It consists of three screwable pieces. Two parts are missing. Good thing that those missing parts are simpler in construction.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X