8x57 riflegrenade propelant rounds ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8x57 riflegrenade propelant rounds ?

i found this 2 rounds today and think blank or propellant cartridge ?
    see in my books and found only this side .
    Attached Files

I don't like the "US style" crimping on those rounds. I think someone used a simple crimping did to modify those rounds. Plus the red paint on the primer indicates a "S.m.K." round.

While the round on the far right has a similar crimp, it is not the same.
    Attached Files
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

i d ont think that this is made postwar i have this 2 rounds from old
      farmer i have bought old amo and this 2 where inside the lose rounds .
      this are not the first i found in last years .

Comment

"Buy the item, not the story"....

How do you explain the red primer paint, and a non-German crimp? I reload ammo and it is very simple to buy a crimping die and apply such a crimp on a casing. I did that for many years to make 8mm blanks for re-enacting.

Your own research shows a different style of crimp.

It is very easy to see that the crimped German round in the 2 photos were made from a casing that is longer than a live round with the bullet removed. The 2 you presented were made from live rounds with the bullets pulled. It is easy to imagine without the crimp you would have a shorter casing from the start. Shorter than the German crimped round.

I don't like them, and I have been collecting German ammo since the 70s...
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

hi wili
          i d ont buy stories i buy amo and this 2 rounds where inside in lose amo .
          germans re use casings for training purpose or ? POSSIBLE FOR PROPELANT
          charges . it is known that SMKH rounds where opened to re use the thungsten core and casings are taken for blankcartridges . also you can find smkh casings
          in blankfiring cartridges , me too i collect since 1980 this stuff and a lot is unknown
          about german amo re using program .
          i think this casings are blank or propellant . yes it have the us style but that is not
          a bad sign for me .
          Attached Files

Comment

lot of packs and lose rounds are inside this bags
            wonderland for cartridge collectors
            Attached Files

Comment

A great haul. A collector's dream for sure!

Yes, much is not known regarding German ammo. Is it possible that the former owner of that haul made his own blanks from live ammo? One must use reloading equipment to do that. I do not know anything about the powder (type and charge) used on rifle ammo, blank ammo, or grenade launching blanks. I wouldn't think the charge and powder would be the same.

There is alot of Platzpatronen in that lot. The boxes with the blacked out line and "Polte" added are interesting.
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X