Grenade carrying case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grenade carrying case?

I wonder if this is a grenade carrying case? Perhaps for m24 stick grenades? I just found it when cleaning in the barn. it has a wooden casing inside it, is it factory issued or something someone have just put there for chaning the use of the case? Also inside the case is an small wooden box with a lid. It has small holes in it. Looks like carrying some kind of fuse or detonation sticks?

There are not much marks to read, some small numbers and letters left on the inside of the lid. Perhaps these are enough for someone to tell me what it is

Edit: found small stamps on the upper side of the carrying case. (see post #2)

Not the best condition on one side, rust and a hole/damage on the middle of the lid.

Earlier during cleaning on the farm I found a stick grenade shaft, so I think my oldest uncle took this one home with him from the swedish army during the 1950's.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by konepistooli; 03-20-2019, 08:02 AM.

picture hosting

Stamp found on the upper side of the case. Not sure about the manufacturer stamp (W..?) but 1939 shows clearly, and an small eagle next to it. It was a really small to see

Comment

Yes it is - but missing the internal cradle. I do not think that the internal wooden dividers are period though.

Comment

yepp, original case for M24 stick grenades, the small box is for the detonators....

Comment

Yes it is carrying case. repurposed with wood dividers. Nice find.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X