2cm flak magazine in tan/green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2cm flak magazine in tan/green

This mag was found a few days ago, left behind by the Wehrmacht. 100% untouched. Colour seems to be more green than tan/beige?
    I have seen many flak mags before, but this one is the first one of this Kind (painted). Manufacturer´s Code under the paint, can´t read it.
    Anybody seen or has something similar?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I have seen several tan mags for sale, along the years. Your's looks green in my screen. Doesn't look rusted or so. Where did you find it? in a house or barn?

Carles

Comment

Originally posted by me6_130 View Post
          I have seen several tan mags for sale, along the years. Your's looks green in my screen. Doesn't look rusted or so. Where did you find it? in a house or barn?

Carles
          Old house. It is something between green and tan I would say ;-)

Any pics of similar mags?

Comment

Almost looks like the Olive Drab color used by US forces. Was it found in an area where the Allies fought? Maybe a captured piece that was repainted in the US color?

Comment

definately not....found with some other stuff of the Wehrmacht. No allied items or troups there.

Comment

Interesting although I have to say I cant help much as the only painted mag's I have seen have been from small arms. I have a few Bren mag's in my collection that have been painted and I can sort of see how that might help in the field.

Seems a bit pointless to paint a 20mm mag though, close enough to see the mag? More than close enough to see the gun.

Only reason I could see was that it was worn but serviceable and the paint was meant to help against corrosion (you could hardly re black them in the field)

The paint is also a strange shade even allowing for the length of time. Perhaps a self made mix of remnants)

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by timg View Post
                  Interesting although I have to say I cant help much as the only painted mag's I have seen have been from small arms. I have a few Bren mag's in my collection that have been painted and I can sort of see how that might help in the field.

Seems a bit pointless to paint a 20mm mag though, close enough to see the mag? More than close enough to see the gun.

Only reason I could see was that it was worn but serviceable and the paint was meant to help against corrosion (you could hardly re black them in the field)

The paint is also a strange shade even allowing for the length of time. Perhaps a self made mix of remnants)

Regards
                  Hi,

there are even Hand painted tan Rg34 cleaning kits where it really makes no sense to paint them, but it is fact that those Things were made. I have seen a tan complete 2cm Flak gun, 100% original.

The items I present here are definately 100% original in all Details (as in condition and Colour and all). Found 2 weeks ago, untouched since the end of the war, left behind by the Wehrmacht.

Best wishes, Bergler

Comment

Originally posted by bergler View Post
                    Hi,

there are even Hand painted tan Rg34 cleaning kits where it really makes no sense to paint them, but it is fact that those Things were made. I have seen a tan complete 2cm Flak gun, 100% original.

The items I present here are definately 100% original in all Details (as in condition and Colour and all). Found 2 weeks ago, untouched since the end of the war, left behind by the Wehrmacht.

Best wishes, Bergler
                    Hi Bergler,

I have no doubt as to the provenance of the items at all, just trying to get into the mind set of perhaps why it was painted. I can even understand the painting of a complete gun. The brits had a manual and instructions for camouflage paint on machine guns (reasonably small items) so why not a complete anti aircraft gun (quite large in comparison)
                    However the fact remains as you say, that for some reason some things were painted when we expect them not to be. The reason for it being lost in time.

Regards
                    Tim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X