MilitariaRelicts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beton-Schützenmine 43(n) versus Beton-Schützenmine 43???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beton-Schützenmine 43(n) versus Beton-Schützenmine 43???

I am just recently learning about these, and am receiving information from a couple different sources, so I am curious about what you guys know about different versions of this weapon.

I understand that the Beton-Schützenmine 43(n) was made in Norway at the Raufoss Plant, hence the (n) in the nomenclature (see first 4 pictures below). I am also being told that there were German-made versions of this mine (Beton-Schützenmine 43???) found in Russia, with the main difference being that they had wood lids instead of metal. The second set of 4 pictures below (that I borrowed from the e-stand) seem to be one of these versions.

At first I thought the second example below was just one of the Norwegian-made versions that was modified, but there do seem to be some slight differences in the shape of the concrete body (this could just be my imagination), and the metal "front" does seem to have been manufactured specifically so it could be attached to wood.

What do you guys think?
    Attached Files

In my opinion they are the same. The first one has a metal lid and on the 2nd one it is made of wood and steel, just a variant I suppose.

Comment

After posting the pictures and reviewing them again, I believe the concrete part is the same on both examples, but I guess it is still possible some were made in Norway, and others made somewhere else by the Germans.

Comment

Do you know if the Beton-Schützenmine 43(n) has been used also in France or only in Norway ?

Comment

produced in norway, used by the german army on all fronts....so also along the coasts in denmark, holland, belgium and france...the germans used what they had.....

Comment

So my assumption is that the factory in Norway made a lot of the concrete parts, and the Germans used them in many places, fitting them with the wood/metal covers too. There wasn't really a German made version, just an adaptation by the Germans of the existing concrete parts. Does that sound about right?

Comment

yes....exact my thoughts

Comment

Many thanks for informations Was it possible to use this mine without the lid with a ZZ35 fuze for example ?

Comment

Originally posted by Euronymous View Post
                  Many thanks for informations Was it possible to use this mine without the lid with a ZZ35 fuze for example ?

Of course, as long as there is a way to activate the fuze and detonate the explosive. Probably best as a booby trap with the concrete part wedged against something to keep it from moving when a trip wire is pulled.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X