Variations of german adaptors for demolition charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Variations of german adaptors for demolition charges

Hi, just had a look at my Things and thought I Show a few variations of adaptors to be used with german demolition charges. A very good article is shown here wehe one can see the charges and more Details around them:
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=935621

To ignite the charges, a Zündschnuranzünder (29 or 39) was used. To connect to the time delay cord (Zeitzündschnur 30), an adaptor was needed (Zündschnur adaptor). On the other end, to connect the time delay cord to the demolition charge, another adaptor was needed to connect the cord to the Sprengkapsel (igniter, mostly Sprengkapsel number 8) and to screw the lot into the threaded tube in the charge.

Here are some pics of Things I have:

Zündschnuranzünder 29 (early, brass) and 39 (wartime, alloy). Note the different adaptors on the ANZ39: there are in fact 3 variants I have, One like a Bottleneck, and 2 that look similyr, but are fifferent in lengh. Those 2 do have a very different "clamping mechanism" to hold the cord, not like a Bottleneck but more like a hook;
    Attached Files

on the other side of the cord, I have 3 different types of Zünderhalter:

the Bakelite type which is mostly found. I do have quite a few of complete Cords, but on one I have a Bakelite type with a Long protection cap. It is marked "SK", Maybe for "Schutzkappe" (protection cap). Never seen that one before, found it last year with a lot of fuses.

The other type is an octagonal holder for the igniter, to be screwed into the charge.

The last one is a round type of holder, again to be screwed into the charge.

I do not know which ones are early and which ones are late, but I assume the Bakelite typer was early because the other types are much more simplified and easier to make.

If you have more variations….Show them!
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice examples Martin!

Comment

Pics from russian site :

Comment

exactly the same. Have not seen it anywhere else, thanks for the Pictures!

Comment

And what about these ? What's this?

Comment

never seen……..for sure german WW2?

Comment

German prewar........

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X