egg 39 in tan, near mint. Help needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

egg 39 in tan, near mint. Help needed!

This VERY nice Piece was found in an old shed with other german WW2 material. It Looks like a superb tan egg 39, all fine and seldom seen.

But there are some questions regarding this Piece. It is quite a bit heavier than a "normal" egg 39. And the fuse....it is broken off now, but it seems that it is of SOLID material. If you look at the screw cap of the fuse, you can see that this is of cast material and not a normal BZE. The whole Thing seems to be a Display Piece or training Piece, but I have never seen or herad of something like this. But somehow I am sure that this is not a normal war grenade, but something is different to it.
    Has anybody an idea what it could be? any comparable pieces out there?

Thanks a lot for any help!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

could you remove the threaded rod ( rst of the fuze) out of the egg? any markings on the egg? at the first look is seems to be a repro....hard to judge on the pics

best regards jens

Comment

Did you find it personally ???
        A few years ago my friend borrowed the original EiHgr.39 from me..........and start producing exact the same item as yours one........... .One piece he donated to me for willingness.

He produced Mills grenades also........they were so good - on Beltring military show some vendor to sell it to me as the original one in 2004 Y.

:-) :-) :-)

Comment

Originally posted by oberjaeger View Post
          could you remove the threaded rod ( rst of the fuze) out of the egg? any markings on the egg? at the first look is seems to be a repro....hard to judge on the pics

best regards jens
          Hi Jens,

not possible to remove the rest of the fuse out of the egg. No markings visible so far, will have another look with magnifying glass.

This Piece was found some years ago in the wooden Planks (in between them) of an old shed. Would be unikely to be a Repro, but one never knows.. This is why it is posted here.......

Comment

Made in Hradec Králové 2003

:-)

Comment

A reproduction no doubt as klarkon shows.

Steve

Comment

many thanks Klarkon

Comment

that is it, a Repro. Didn´t think so, but it is what it is. Many thanks!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X