Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts?

Forum members, I ran into one of these porcelain signs today in an antique shop....It's similar to the white one w/skull & voltage symbol......Mine however has "AUCHTUNG" below that....The dealer didn't have the item priced, and I didn't notice the eagle and swastika on the backside when I first handled it......These had to be pointed out to me by another dealer in the store.....The front on mine looks old and quite believable, but I have never seen a porcelain TR piece with this type of marking on it's back....Are any of these original period pieces or just fantasy?.....The ones shown in the ebay link are laughable but called out as original....Any information appreciated, Bodes

https://m.ebay.com/itm/WW2-40s-origi...1-e6399694ddb4

look closer.. all aged the same way !!!

Comment

Fake, but the do look nice in the room.

Comment

I've seen a couple come up for sale that I was tempted to buy (knowing they were probably reproductions), but these three are horrible examples. Not even close to originals in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by bodes View Post
          .....Mine however has "AUCHTUNG" below that....
          Is that a typo? If it says AUCHTUNG then it's a clunker for sure, like a misspelled Proviantamt FJ enamelled sign
          WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X