Late War Factory Manufactured Molotov Cocktail - Volkssturm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late War Factory Manufactured Molotov Cocktail - Volkssturm

This item came up on a dealer site this morning and sold immediately. It was listed as a German WWII Late War Factory Manufactured Molotov Cocktail. At first I thought it was just a Flascheneismine 42 as it uses the same fuze, but the bottle is different.

Have you guys seen these before, and if the dealer description correct, what was the German name for it? Brandflasche?
    Attached Files

https://www.jaegerplatoon.net/landmines2.htm

http://wehrmachts.kisten.free.fr/cai...hminen42_2.htm

Comment

Thanks Klarkon. So it is the Finnish version of the Flascheneismine 42, that is why the bottle is different. I guess I should of checked my own reference pictures first, I just realized I had this image saved...
      Attached Files

Comment

On Finnish bottles, are the fuse and cap the same ?

Comment

Are you asking if the fuze and cap on the Finnish bottles are the same ones used on the German bottles? If so, the answer is yes, they are the same.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by WWIIBuff; 01-10-2019, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WWIIBuff View Post
            Are you asking if the fuze and cap on the Finnish bottles are the same ones used on the German bottles? If so, the answer is yes, they are the same.
            Thanks, you answered to my question ! But are they german or finnish made ?

Comment

milk bottle

these are finnisch made for the WH (75000 ordered) ,the ones made for the Finnisch army are marked SA ,later the germans produced them also with a larger rim

Regards ,

Jan
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tijl26 View Post
                these are finnisch made for the WH (75000 ordered) ,the ones made for the Finnisch army are marked SA ,later the germans produced them also with a larger rim

Regards ,

Jan
                OK but how is it possible to distinguish a German made cap and fuse from the Finnish made ?

Comment

Original Finnish pictures :

Comment

Originally posted by Euronymous View Post
                    Thanks, you answered to my question ! But are they german or finnish made ?

Unfortunately I do not know the answer to this question. I am not sure if the Germans made caps, or if they had enough left from the Finn's amd just used those. And if there were versions made by both countries, I do not know if there is any way to tell them apart.

Comment

Originally posted by tijl26 View Post

Regards ,

Jan

That's a nice set Jan, thanks for posting. Can you also show us a picture of the top of the caps?

Originally posted by klarkon View Post
                      Original Finnish pictures :

Great pictures Klarkon!!! I have never seen these before. Based on these pictures, especially the 4 above, I think we can safely say that there were two different versions of the caps, one made for the Finns, and the other for the Germans, but I do not know which country actually made them, or if both did.

As you can see in the period pictures above, the Finnish version had caps that were "grooved" on top, and did not have a built-in fitting for a Glühzünder 28. This makes total sense since that was a German fuze anyway.

The first picture above also shows at least two other points of interest:
                      1) The was a washer used on the bottle underneath the cap, probably rubber.
                      2) There seems to have been a small bottle version, or perhaps that is what was used as the igniter for the other bottles and it fit in the small compartment of the wood case shown in the bottom picture. Or is that a case full of these smaller bottles in Klarkon's top picture?
                      Last edited by WWIIBuff; 01-11-2019, 04:59 PM.

Comment

milk bottles

w'ill take some pictures of the german caps on sunday ,i think that the finnisch ones d'ont have a metal adapter like the german ones and that the wood plug is different,
                        w'ill post pics on sunday

Regards ,

Jan

Comment

German caps?
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by WWIIBuff; 01-11-2019, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Another Finnish...........

Comment

milk bottles

here a pictures of the german fuse and adapter,i think the wooden plug is different
                              for the finnisch ones and that they d'ont have the metal adapter

regards,

Jan
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X