Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sprengkörper 28 in bakelite case

x

Last edited by Euronymous; 08-22-2020, 02:00 AM.

very nice...i really like these bakelit charges

Comment

Originally posted by oberjaeger View Post
      very nice...i really like these bakelit charges
      Thanks Jens ! I could read the filling on these bakelite charges was picric acid and not TNT. Do you have any informations ? In all the case, this bakelite model looks to be very rare !

Comment

Very very nice!!! Congratulations on a nice find. It looks to be in great condition, even the label around the fuze is legible.

Comment

Text copied from TM E 30-451, March 1945 :

"200 Gram slab. "sprengkörper 28" This slab is provided in two forms; in waxed paper and in a bakelite case. The waxed paper slab may contain either TNT or picric acid. Pressed picric acid is contained in the casing of two bakelite mouldings. The bakelite slab actually weighs 250 grams or 8 3/4 ounces".

Comment

Another German bakelite charge:

Comment

Originally posted by klarkon View Post
              Text copied from TM E 30-451, March 1945 :

"200 Gram slab. "sprengkörper 28" This slab is provided in two forms; in waxed paper and in a bakelite case. The waxed paper slab may contain either TNT or picric acid. Pressed picric acid is contained in the casing of two bakelite mouldings. The bakelite slab actually weighs 250 grams or 8 3/4 ounces".
              Thanks for the informations. On the marking we can read Sprengkörper 28 (Tp). I could read that (Tp) is for tropical use. Is it right ?

Comment

Tp = für Tropen

Comment

Originally posted by Euronymous View Post
                  Thanks for the informations. On the marking we can read Sprengkörper 28 (Tp). I could read that (Tp) is for tropical use. Is it right ?
                  OK but Why did they made a tropical model ?

Comment

OK.
                    Why did they made tropical models of other types of ammunition?

Comment

Originally posted by klarkon View Post
                      OK.
                      Why did they made tropical models of other types of ammunition?
                      I don't know ... Why did they made special ammunitions for tropical climate ? There is certainly a difference but which one ?

Comment

because of the higher temperature....some explosives don´t like to much heat

Comment

Originally posted by oberjaeger View Post
                          because of the higher temperature....some explosives don´t like to much heat
                          Yes, that could be the reason but TNT and picric acid explode at over 300 degrees celsius.

Comment

the problem is not that they explode but they sweat/ooze

Comment

Does anyone know which would be the correct abbreviation for this tropical version of the Sprengkörper 28?

Would it be Spr.Kpr.28 (TP) or Spr.Kpr.28B, or ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X