Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you going to repaint it ?

Comment

that was the question over some days.....yes.....i will repaint this rare item again, hope to get a nice result

Comment

Looking good so far Jens. What did you use to strip the paint?

Comment

paint remove jelly from clou and different abrasive pads.....
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank for the information. I look forward to seeing the final result.

Comment

work is going on....
              Attached Files

Comment

It's Bondo time!

Comment

some impressions with the restored 3k üb charge and a near mint 1kg üb charge with the ultra rare wooden smoke inlay
                  Attached Files

Comment

Congrats! that's a very fine work, indeed.

Carles

Comment

WOW WOW WOW!!! Great job on the restoration of the 3kg, but also, that 1kg with original paint and wood insert is fantastic. Truly amazingly rare items you've got there Jens, congratulations!

Comment

many thanks gentleman, normally i don´t like restored stuff but in this case....never saw an unrestored 3kg training charge before.....

Comment

a real barnfind

i am really happy today, got this real barnfind from a former e.o.d. worker and old collector
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by oberjaeger View Post
                            many thanks gentleman, normally i don´t like restored stuff but in this case....never saw an unrestored 3kg training charge before.....

I agree Jens. I don't like restored items either, it seems to take something away from the item. However, if none of the original paint is remaining, a restoration is better than a hunk of rust. And you do a very good job with your restorations.

Originally posted by oberjaeger View Post
                            i am really happy today, got this real barnfind from a former e.o.d. worker and old collector

FANTASTIC!!!!! A rare item in any condition, but ULTRA rare and exciting to see in that original condition. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Please show pictures of the ends and the interior.

Comment

not really a demolition charge, but it was told that the explosive bar (4kg Amatol) from the Riegelmine was often used as demolition charge

Comment

Hello,

Nice tread, maybe you can help me with this one:
                                I am trying to find information on the self destruction equipment that was used with the top secret radio and radar equipment in Lufwaffe aircrafts, like on the FuG25a. It is refered to as "Sprengkapsel"

The FL no. is Sprengsatz I/15 FL 53993-2 and I found it in a equipment list for a ME262 also indicating the F no. to be FO203 for the FuG 25a

Anybody here at the forum that has information

regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X