Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzerfaust Klein Opinion Need - Original paint, markings, etc

Hey guys,

pretty sure the paint & markings "are" good...but some areas concern me.

Label also seems good...but I am not 100%.

See pics.

Corrosion is over TOP of the red lettering...red lettering is missing in areas of pitting.
    Attached Files

What bothers me about the 2nd pic below...is that there is corrosion/pitting on the lever...and paint inside the pitting.

That said...I have seen steel pit from underneath...or bubble for the matter...where the paint is raised WITH the pitting...or caved in
    Attached Files

Comment

You can see where the label is peeling...that the color is light underneath. hard to see in the pics due to the camera flash...buuuuuuuuuuuut...where the corner of the label is missing...it is a LOT lighter than the rest of the paint...must have come off recently.

Thoughts?

Also, the button/spring functions.
      Attached Files

Comment

If it has been messed with, it is very well done. I have a couple of Panzerfaust 60s that are in nice condition, but fall short of the quality seen here.

However there are others on this forum that will have handled far more original Panzerfausts than me and it will be interesting to see their responses.

Michael

Comment

To me, it's a restored/repainted one. As you mentioned: there is paint IN the rustpittings and that's a bad sign! The stencil on the warhead is, from these pics, also bad.
          Still a nice one for any collection!

Grss

Comment

The paint and stenciling have been redone no doubt about it, very apparent to a helmet collector. Still a nice artifact. Regards, Bill

Comment

This came from a museum that was shutting down.

Having it my hands all last night... I am 100% certain that the stenciling is original. This is due to the fact that the stenciling has rusted away or pitted away in areas. there's also corrosion build up over top of the red stenciling.

The inside of the tube is near mint with no pitting whatsoever.

Steel can rust from underneath paint causing it to look like paint has been applied over top of pitting. Basically means that it rusts from underneath the paint... giving it the effect that it has been repainted inside pit marks...giving it the effect that it has been repainted.

I see this all the time with aircraft relics I've recovered. Never with aluminum... Only steel. This is the same when it tends to bubble and you have paint raised

Not saying any of you or incorrect... But after having it for a full day and going over in detail I am more convinced that the paint and stenciling is original...

I'll take some photos without Flash later today and upload

Comment

complete restored, new paint, new stenceling, new paper label.....

Comment

Sometimes it is hard to tell for sure from pictures, but I am seeing several things that make me also believe this is a restored (although well done) piece.

The stenciled lettering does not look right to me, and the label does not look right either, both in it's design and in the method of application.

I am traveling right now, so I cannot post pictures, but if you click on the link to my collection below and scroll through my pictures, you will find an unquestionable example with original paint, label, and stenciled letters to compare it to. There is a big difference from the example you posted here.

Comment

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/heer/photos/H65350.html

Comment

Thanks klarkon for posting the link to the old listing from where I bought mine. Here is a link to the page that has additional pictures of it on my collection thread:
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=464072&page=6

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X