10,5 cm Panzergranate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10,5 cm Panzergranate

I recently got this very nice 10,5 cm grenade. Quite impressive, this Piece of ordonance. Shell seems to be brass or steel with brass coating. Nicely marked. Projectile seems to be very good as well.
    As large ordonance is not my field of deep Knowledge, I have a few questions:

would this grenade be fired from a 10,5 cm AA gun, or was it used in a tank ?
    Shell....brass or coated steel?
    How rare is this Piece? I have not had one before, and somebody told me that the Panzergrenade is much rarer than the spreng. True?

Enjoy the pics, and thanks for help!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

105mm antiaircraft gun. No German tank used that weapon. Hard to judge how many are out there. Not many in the US, but a few just sold from a huge German ordnance collection that was auctioned off over the last year - included AP and HE versions. Prices are around $400-500 in the US for a complete round. I get the impression that it is not uncommon in Europe, and prices are about half of what they are in the US. Your example is in excellent condition. The case is steel with a brass plating.

Comment

Not sure if they used this exact type of 10.5 cm ammo, but 2-K18 (gp.Sfl.) Dicker Max SPG's with 10.5 cm main weapons were sent to the Eastern Front in 1941 to be evaluated as anti tank weapons. One of the SPG's was destroyed by fire and the remaining one went on to achieve success with 7 recorded (kill rings) Soviet tanks to it's credit.
                  Regards
                  Bern

Comment

Fuze maker : brx= Süddeutsche Bremsen A.-G. Motorenfabrik, München 13, Moosacher Straße 80

Primer on shell case is incorrect type percussion C/12, the right type is electric C/22 primer.

C/22 primer

Comment

Bern ..........The Dicker Max main gun = 10 cm schwere Kanone 18 had different shell case and separate-loading.

Comment

Thanks for the info Klarkon, I knew there were armoured vehicles with 10.5 cm main weapons, but didn't know what type of ammo was used. The Wespe also had a 10.5 cm, but apparently it's ammo was a lot shorter.
                        Regards
                        Bern

Comment

Wespe and 10,5cm StuH 42 L/28 had 10.5 cm leFH 18. The case is 155mm long only.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X