Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird panzerfaust head

Hey guys,

A friend of mine recently acquired a panzerfaust 80m. The panzerfaust has some kind of weird head, looks like solid steel. Anyone any clue as to what this head might be? Maybe some kind of training or practice panzerfaust?

Thanks in advance!

maybe a complete repro??? i donĀ“t like the tube....can we see more details please?

Comment

Hello Oberjaeger. Thanks for your reply. I'll ask him to make a few photographs. The tube was found to be authentic by a few high end collectors. I believe the tube was found in a garage sale of some sort.

Comment

as i know the training ones had wooden heads.....

Comment

I thought so too. This head is really strange. It looks like the insert is solid steel and the mantle seems to be sheered off. I think it is best to wait for additional photographs.

Comment

Perhaps someone turned it into a fancy lamp stand.
            Pete

Comment

That could well be the answer. Maybe someone has weighed down the head to act as a stand for display purposes or something. My friend send me some additional photographs. He can't figure out if the iron insert has been welded into the head or not, which in my opinion would indicate that the insert was added later.

Comment

Hello!!
                more photos???
                complete one

Comment

Relax mister Fritz, I asked him for more photographs, will probably receive them tomorrow.

Comment

It's an amateur replica I think. Pics of original :

Comment

80 m ?
                      Maybe 60 m.
                      Ciao

Comment

I think Klarkon is spot on. To me it looks also like a repro.
                        Better pics would clear this...

Grss

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X