What can I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can I do?

Forum members, I have a slight dilemna....I won an overseas auction (seller is from England), and am now trying to get the item mailed to the US....The item is a WW2 brass shell casing approximately 2' long and 3" in diameter....Has anybody had success in such situations?.....And what advice could you recommend?......It's a $100 gamble I'm not sure I should take, but I want the item.....No money has yet been put down, so I can still walk away....Thoughts/ideas appreciated.....Bodes

If it's just a casing without a projectile I don't see an issue with it. I've gotten a couple of casings from overseas with the customs form marked "metal casing" and haven't had any issues. If it has a live primer that might be another story.

Comment

I see no issues.

Comment

Thanks guys....Bodes

Comment

mark as brass pipe

Comment

No issues, I've had inert casings and AP rounds shipped to the US in the past year without incident.

Comment

I'd mark as antique motorcycle muffler..
              I say it would go thru no issues..

Comment

Call it a paperweight . Rob
                God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Thanks for the additional imput guys, but I've decided against the purchase.....The seller insisted on a bank transfer as payment....My bank told me cost would be $75 just for the transfer alone....This and his photographs weren't detailed enough, which left me with a few questions....However it does sound feasible to get a shell casing across the pond, providing seller and buyer go about it properly.....Bodes

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X