Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Container unknown

Good evening everyone,

Here is a container for ammunition or part of ammunition that I can not identify with precision. Is a container for extra charges of powder, hence its manufacture only of metals not producing sparks (zinc and brass) or is it a container for a shell, a complete blow with its propelling charge and projectile.
    It is a fine, neat manufacture, from 1936. Manufacturer FWCo (Fritz Weber & Co).
    The total height is 55 cm
    The diameter of the tube is 10.5 cm
    The rest of the photos can be found on the following link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cbmejqkny...acZxL7mPa?dl=0

Thank you for your answers.

Belongs to a fieldkitchen.

Comment

I like it when everything unknown looks like German WWII or rare SS or Tiger II or similar. In this case, the ammo can (the prince) has turned into a kitchen container (the frog) Patrick, you've done it once again

Carles
      Last edited by me6_130; 02-21-2017, 02:45 AM.

Comment

Hello,
        I am ready to hear and understand that this box has nothing to do with a possible ammunition but if it is part of a country kitchen, can you support your assertions?
        Moreover, being in zinc and brass was not an inadequate observation with the world of ammunition. Many of the powder containers were precisely made of non-sparking material.
        Finally, the manufacturer Fritz Weber & Co produced MG34 ammo cans, barrel carriers and ammunition containers.
        Thank you for your answers.

Bonjour,
        Je suis prêt à entendre et comprendre que cette boîte n'a rien à voir avec une éventuelle munition mais si elle fait partie d'une cuisine de campagne, pouvez-vous étayer vos affirmations ?
        De plus, le fait d'être en zinc et laiton n'était pas une observation inadapté avec le monde de la munition. Nombre de containers à poudre étaient justement constitués de matière ne pouvant pas produire d'étincelle.
        Pour finir, le fabricant Fritz Weber & Co a produit des boites de munitions pour MG34 et des containers à munitions.
        Je vous remercie pour vos réponses.

Comment

My friend restores a fieldkitchen at the moment, he also has this type of container, later made with writings on top, for herbs if i remember correctly. Will get some fotos.

Comment

FWCo - Fritz Weber & Co. Metallwaren- und Laternenfabrik, Berlin , waffenamt WaA.123, WaA.125, late war WaA.847 and code „brc“. Produced MG spare barrel carriers, MG ammo boxes, shell containers, AP S-mines , handgrenades M24, booster containers, etc, etc.

I think that field kitchen equipment was made of aluminium chiefly and labeled e.g. „Gewürz, Koffee, Salz, Pfeffer“ etc.etc. And even in the year 1936 also.

Comment

This is the container for a 8,8 cm Aushilfekartusche, which is basically a blank shot (No projectile, just a cork disc).
              Very nice piece !

Zünder,

www.wk2ammo.com

Comment

Zünder - you are right, it is "Büchse für Aushilfskartusche ", but stalkos container has different dimensions : the total height is 55 cm,the diameter of the tube is 10.5 cm.
                L.Dv.4402/5 lists these dimensions : "Länge 590mm", Durchmesser 160mm " ???

Comment

@Klarkon: the germans probably measured the top, maybe that's the difference ?

Zünder,

www.wk2ammo.com

Comment

Good evening,
                    Thank you for your answers Zünder and Klarkon.
                    It is true that this could not be a spice container for a country kitchen, they are made of aluminum. There is no point in using zinc and brass for pepper or salt ...

Here are new photos with measurements. Perhaps those in the original document indicate the dimensions of the wicker basket for the diameter and height of the box with the handle?

Link to other photos:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/doz3n32j4...dE9GWCica?dl=0

So this box contained a backup cartridge in case a projectile was stuck in the barrel. The cartridge was fired without shells, and the second shot fired the shell?

A backup cartridge fitted each gun?

So it's not a common piece?

Comment

I was wrong ! Dimensions 160 x 590mm are for pannier (Korb für 8,8 cm Aushilfskartusche) !!! Your container is definitively " Büchse für 8,8 cm Aushilfskartusche ".
                      Few pages of regulation :

Comment

Hello Klarkon,

Yes, every story has a happy ending. A princess came and kissed the frog and "le voilá" a prince again. You've done it once again. It is great the things you can learn in this forum, thanks for your contribution.

Carles

Comment

Thank you very very mutch everybody !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X