Late war M39 concrete egg grenade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late war M39 concrete egg grenade.

Had the pleasure of adding this to my collection recently. I got it off a grenade collector local to me and it is one of the gems of my collection and probably will be until something else catches my fancy.

It is a small problem with concrete grenades and mines - how to know that they are genuine ???

Comment

A good nose will soon tell you if its new made,, concrete take 30 years to cure properly, will smell the cement in it if its new made

Regards nick

Comment

this is the slim one....also a fat one exist someone from the e.o.d. told me

Comment

concrete grenade : [URL="http://www.lexpev.nl/grenades/europe/germany/improvisedconcreteegggrenade.html"]http://www.lexpev.nl/grenades/europe/germany/improvisedconcreteegggrenade.html[/URL

EiHgr.39 Splitterbeton

Comment

jeeeensy - but today is over 70 years after war.................

Comment

cool, many thanks for your posting, the Splitterbeton Eihandgranate looks different to the slim and fat one....

Comment

yes.. correct,,, is 70 years after war,, if a new made concrete item was made recently , it will take a long time to cure and still smell fresh for a long time.. if made after the war as a copie sure would not have the smell of the cement in it,, this would have long gone if made a long time ago, what I am saying is if it is fairly recent made it will still smell of cement.

Comment

another one...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Both are super examples, thanks for sharing guys. Still don't know where I'm going to find mine, but I will. great grenades boys!

Comment

here is the slim example and the fat one.....both original found in the Breslau area while e.o.d. clearance
                      Attached Files

Comment

here is another example....this one came out of an old collection, the last eggs which were found came mostly from the breslau area...the concrete eggs i have are all with some small rusty scraps in the concrete body. the body was filled with a half Bohrpatrone....
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jeeeensy View Post
                          yes.. correct,,, is 70 years after war,, if a new made concrete item was made recently , it will take a long time to cure and still smell fresh for a long time.. if made after the war as a copie sure would not have the smell of the cement in it,, this would have long gone if made a long time ago, what I am saying is if it is fairly recent made it will still smell of cement.
                          Honestly, who can believe this kind of item could be copied ? They are not very collectable. Fakers have better to do !

Comment

Originally posted by oberjaeger View Post
                            here is another example....this one came out of an old collection, the last eggs which were found came mostly from the breslau area...the concrete eggs i have are all with some small rusty scraps in the concrete body. the body was filled with a half Bohrpatrone....

Very nice Jens, you lucky guy!

Originally posted by Euronymous View Post
                            Honestly, who can believe this kind of item could be copied ? They are not very collectable. Fakers have better to do !

That doesn't matter, I have seen even smaller and less collectable items made by the fakers. Money is money, and an original one of these brings a fair price. With a little bit of time and cement, the fakers have a chance at making good money.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X