Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German WW2 Incendiary Bomb.

Gents,

After a long search I have added my very first German WW2 Incendiary bomb to my collection.

Its in nice original shape & fins are still attached. it shows just a wee bit of handling wear.

Fuze is solid to the body & im not going to attempt to unscrew it as not to ruin it/mark it up.

I found it locally (here in Canada) from http://thecanadiansoldier.com/ This was my first deal with this site/seller & it was 100% painless. Much thanks to Kevin for the great deal.

Photos below are from Kevin page (thanks :nerd i will post more showing the ink stamp on the fins.

Enjoy

Last edited by whsammler; 10-25-2016, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Nice one, Congratulations I am always looking after one ...

Comment

Originally posted by Euronymous View Post
        Nice one, Congratulations I am always looking after one ...

Thanks Euronymous. I'm quite chuffed to finally have one in my collection. [emoji95]

Collector of German field equipment , ordnance & optics.

Comment

There is a bomb just like this in the British Museum. On the 23rd September 1940 an incendiary bomb fell on the East Wing of the Museum and destroyed alot of it.

They kept the bomb in their archives - I have seen it on more than one occasion

Comment

Hi !

I noticed this thread about this German incendiary bomb, and remembered I have this device that I never managed to ID.

Design is like this bomb, but it had never had a tail, and as you can see it is written on the blue top that it has a delay of 3 minutes.

So reading this thread I was thinking at this could be a incendiary granate to use when you are pulling out of strongholds and you want to burn it down so there will be no remains for the enemy to find?

Maker: gqv

What do you think?
            Best regards
            Stengaard
            Attached Files

Comment

2 more:

Marked K-Bi

Maker marked gqv 44 on the blue top too
              Attached Files

Comment

Last.

Notice it looks like there has been tape over the "burn"-holes round the side.
                Attached Files

Comment

@whsammler, nice bomb! Especially in Canada. The only bomb I have is an SD-2

@stengaard, I think you have a B1E incendiary bomb, 1KG, since the nose fuse is alloy. Have a look at OP1666 German Explosive Ordnance Vol 1. Lex has a copy here.

Comment

Nice B1E. I used to collect these but sold most of them now. Only hung on to the one to give my son when he's a little older.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X