CEJ Books

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WW1: Best & MOST Disturbing Trench Art Shell I've Seen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a depiction of a a soldier attempting to bayonet the enemy - nothing more or less unless you happen to know the individual 'artist'. What grounds do you have for making such claims about the artist's psychological state etc.

The bayonet can actually be seen to have missed the German completely, appearing below his right armpit. Where are the 'body parts' which you mention?

Comment

not right

Originally posted by Seigfried View Post
      The bayonet can actually be seen to have missed the German completely, appearing below his right armpit. Where are the 'body parts' which you mention?
      Look at the soldiers face and body....he is well hit by the bayonet. I think its showing like this because the artist got the angle not right so it comes out under the arm.

Yes, this trench work is definitely something which is very different to what is usually seen and a very interesting piece of history.
      It reminds me a lot of some roman bronze sheet metal work pieces which are trying to tell a "story" around a for the artist important "archaic"event

Comment

"Trench art" was a booming business during WWI, and the piece could be made to your liking by soldiers at the rear or by enterprising civilians. Hard to psychoanalyze the creator of the piece without knowing it's true origin.

Comment

Originally posted by Seigfried View Post
          This is a depiction of a a soldier attempting to bayonet the enemy - nothing more or less unless you happen to know the individual 'artist'. What grounds do you have for making such claims about the artist's psychological state etc.

Where are the 'body parts' which you mention?
          L@@k harder

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hicks View Post
              L@@k harder
              I have, and all I see is a piece of broken fence post (like the ones stuck in the ground) and an empty shell case, or are they all penises sticking out of the ground festooned with barbed wire LOL! I think that you are looking too hard! This is one of the most fanciful descriptions that I have ever come across - you have no idea about the state of mind of the person who made/commissioned this, it is pure speculation based on a somewhat dodgy analysis, except nobody apart from one other has questioned it, it is a case of the 'Emperors new clothes'

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hicks View Post
                L@@k harder
                We are. Sorry, not body parts.

Comment

My customers have wild imaginations I suppose. After a few pointed out those are not fence posts scattered on the ground it seemed obvious the artist had a singular obsession. Sometimes a fence post is just a fence post to paraphrase an apocryphal quip attributed to Freud.

Comment

Cool piece. I think what disturbs me is that the round was fired, or looks that way to me although i am not an expert. The driving bands look like they have rifling marks in them which would mean its been fired, right?

Did someone take a dud and have this done to it? crazy if that's what happened.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X