X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King tigar 88mm shell help

Hello.
    What do folk think of this 88mm shell?
    Said to be 1943 dated king tigar shell 88 times 822R .
    Thanks for looking .
    Appropriate any thoughts
    Regards
    Rob
    Attached Files

It does look like a Kwk/PaK 43 HE round. Nice condition. Is the paint original?

Carles

Comment

Hi carles
      Not sure about original paint? What colour paint was originals?
      It's unfired round that was used in pak 43 anti tank.
      Thanks for reply
      Rob
      Attached Files

Comment

German HE shells could be yellow or green. In Kwk40 rounds HE shells are green, so I imagine they would also be with Kwk43 rounds. Yellow might be for LW or FlaK rounds (not sure about that, I'm sure a more knowledgeable member can confirm). Now, that shell of your's looks very shiny and stencils are too clear...so I was wondering if original or repainted...

see these:

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ordnan...eeded-id-4571/

Carles
        Last edited by me6_130; 03-27-2016, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by me6_130 View Post
          German HE shells could be yellow or green. In Kwk40 rounds HE shells are green, so I imagine they would also be with Kwk43 rounds. Yellow might be for LW or FlaK rounds (not sure about that, I'm sure a more knowledgeable member can confirm). Now, that shell of your's looks very shiny and stencils are too clear...so I was wondering if original or repainted...

see these:

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ordnan...eeded-id-4571/

Carles
          Thank for information carles
          It's not mine yet.
          The photos are taking from a dealers site.
          I will wait and see what anyone else says about this shell before deciding if I offer a price to buy it.
          Thanks again carles
          Regards
          Rob

Comment

Stencil font does not look original to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jiipee76 View Post
              Stencil font does not look original to me.
              Thank you.
              Seems it's less attractive to buy the more I learn about this shell.

Comment

The casing is a original KWK43 casing. The shell is another story. To me the shell is restored. Paint and stenceling is not original. I added some pictures of mine KWK 43 shell. This is not a HE but AP (armoured piercing). You can see that the paint of the shell is not shining, but dull.
                Attached Files

Comment

Some more.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Wow frans
                    Super cool, your very lucky.
                    The king tiger shell I posted here isn't mine but I was considering buying it. Not buying now as it's not right.
                    Thank you.
                    Rob

Comment

Thanks every one for replys ..
                      Rob

Comment

Rob,
                        I don;t know how much you were being offered for the Kwk43 HE as that will be the decider, an APHE round like the one shown, with the quality of the case would be >£600. The hardest part to find with most German rounds bigger than 50mm is a decent case, not the projectile.

The case body is excellent, and hard to find in that state, the headstamp sadly lets it down. Overall a good case if youre after a display piece.
                        The projectile is definitely repainted (and well done) and doesn't look like any filler at all from the photos.
                        Overall Id say £350-400, and on some websites, even higher.
                        JMHO

Comment

Early HE shells were yellow, later Spgr. 43 were fieldgrey.

Can you get a better picture of the shell, especially of the drivingbands ?
                          The shell is repainted, but if the price is right, it's not a bad deal, Spgr. Patr. 43 are hard to find.

Zünder,

www.wk2ammo.com

Comment

And casing also is what makes it interesting...Condition looks nice.

If price is good,i would buy it becouse of the casing alone.

Comment

At the end everything comes back to the price. Sorry but I can't help here as I stick to Kwk40 rounds and those much cheaper.

Carles

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X