Japanese Shells for Type 98 High Angle Cannon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Shells for Type 98 High Angle Cannon

Here are a few 20m/m Japanese Type 100 shells and cardboard shipping containers for the Japanese Type 98 High Angle AA/AT Imperial Army Cannon.. It could also serve as a AT weapon, but I have never found a AT shell for it.. Even though I have found shells for the (SUPER SUPER) Rare Japanese 20m/m Type 97 shoulder fired Auromatic anti-tank rifle.. Does any one know what the red highlite in the cardboard carrier discription means... Enjoy, BILL
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Bill
                    Do you know which one has a solid black projectile with dark green and blue bands?

Eric

Comment

@Bill: stunning pieces

A green band on a AP projectile usually means it's made out of medium hard steel, in that case the blue ring should indicate the colour of the tracer, but i've never heard of japanese 20 mm with blue tracer before....

Comment

Thanks for the information Zunder. Looking at it again, even though it looks like a very light blue I think what it is is the black underneath giving the white a bluish tint. I've picked up several Japanese shells but it really isn't my main interest. Here is a picture of three of my 20 mm. shells. (I'm not trying to hijack your great thread Bill, it just got me interested in my bits and pieces again!)

Thanks for sharing again.

Eric
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nice

Originally posted by blinky
                          Thanks for the information Zunder. Looking at it again, even though it looks like a very light blue I think what it is is the black underneath giving the white a bluish tint. I've picked up several Japanese shells but it really isn't my main interest. Here is a picture of three of my 20 mm. shells. (I'm not trying to hijack your great thread Bill, it just got me interested in my bits and pieces again!)

Thanks for sharing again.

Eric
                          B, Very nice shells. BILL

Comment

@Blinky: you're AP. round has the Model 100 AP shell, with the shell made out of hardened steel; recognizable by the green and white band.
                            Medium hard shell had a single green band.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X