No announcement yet.

New article online about the Stielhandgranate 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Lenny said! Congrats on your site,it is without equal !

Comment

Another article done. This time it's about the individual manufacturers of the Stielhandgranate 24 and 43.

I have collected together as much information as possible, including a tabulary of all known "RR" codes and makers, with some factory history when ever possible.

http://www.bergflak.com/m24index.html

Select "Makers of the Stielhandgranate 24".

Now I must hurry up and get over the pond. The SOS is waiting......
      Attached Files

Comment

Great bit of detective work there I did start a database on stick grenades to work out if the sticks and heads where made separate but then thought could the metal work and wood work all be sub contracted and the only stamp the fully assembled stick with head in the factory?
        Also I have a 44 dol marked m43 Canfield you would like some pics also a stick marked avz or maybe dvz over 41 so maybe another maker to add maybe?

Comment

I would love to see pictures of markings I haven't listed yet. To get this compilation as good and accurate as possible I only include those markings that I can verify. I am sure that new "unrecorded" manufacturers are still out there, I just recorded my last new one last week. I am pretty sure that most manufacturers had components made by sub contractors but so far it appears that the code marking was applied only by the official manufacturer. When ever I think I have found a handle or can that hasn't got a matching partner another will show up with the correct marking.....
          Appreciate any help! Send pictures to bergflak@hotmail.com
          Currently wasting away at Newark......

Comment

Finally something new!
            I have added a new 1936 dated manual to my page about Stielhandgranate 24 manuals. The manual is a P08 manual, with a special chapter on the cleaning kit and a large section on the Stielhandgranate 24. Plenty of "new" stuff there that I will be posting in the appropriate sections in the days to come.
            The FP number on the inner cover actually belonged to a unit that was lost in Stalingrad. Guess this manual stayed at the home depot when they set sail for the east.....

Comment

Great
              Thanks very much !!
              Regards

Comment

Some updates made to the makers section. A new contact in Russia has sent me some pictures of hitherto unknown code/year combinations. fzl as a code has now been confirmed, and Fritz Weber & Co made them until 1940, not only in 1938 as assumed previously!

http://www.bergflak.com/m24makers.html

Comment

Finally! The last page, or article, about the Stielhandgranate 24 is finnished. This time it is a collection of odd information that didn't fit anywhere else. From now on it will be just corrections and amendments to the facts allready listed, and I can move on to new projects!

Click on the link "Stielhandgranate 24 bits & bobs" on the menu page!

Comment

Bergflak, I'm trying to think of adjectives that do justice to your site. I can think of none! Your page has been a godsend for collectors like myself seeking knownlege about the object of our passion. WELL DONE! If you were English and I the King, you would get a knighthood for this!
                    Tim
                    Hell, if I was just the King of England, you would STILL be knighted

Comment

Originally posted by Timmymc View Post
                      Bergflak, I'm trying to think of adjectives that do justice to your site. I can think of none! Your page has been a godsend for collectors like myself seeking knownlege about the object of our passion. WELL DONE! If you were English and I the King, you would get a knighthood for this!
                      Tim
                      Hell, if I was just the King of England, you would STILL be knighted
                      .....you almost got me blushing!
                      Thank you for the sincere feedback. That's what makes it all worth it. There isn't much more to be said about the Stielhandgranate 24 for the moment (that I can think of), but I know there will be new information surfacing so I will keep on "building" the database.
                      I have started on an entirely new subject now; the next artcle will be about German flare guns. But do not despair! I think I will return for a Nebelhandgranate 39 article later this year

Comment

Just when you think you've seen it all, this turns up.

Update to Stielhandgranate M43 section.

http://www.bergflak.com/m24evo.html

Kind Regards Nick .

Comment

WOW!!!! A M43 UB trainer... Never have I seen such an animal. Awesome Find!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X