Hgr Boxes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hgr Boxes.

Enjoy a display of Ammo boxes I have from the box selection from my collection.

Kind Regards nick
    Attached Files

PHOTOSHOPPED!!!!!

Hahaha

Just Kidding.

Awesome display. I'm working to catch up :-)

Comment

No wonder they are getting so hard to find! You have all of them

Very impressive, and interesting to see a green wooden box, I know them in Black and "raw", the green is a first for me. Any chance to see some more details of it, for instance the lettering/labels?

Is the metal trunk in winter white camo original painted?

Regards
      Sonnenwende

Comment

Hi Sonnenwende

here are a few more pics of the green M39 box.

when I got the box all of the labels were missing
        So these ones I reproduced from original artwork
        to compliment the box.

will take better photo of the winter cammo box later,

Kind Regards Nick

Originally posted by Sonnenwende View Post
        No wonder they are getting so hard to find! You have all of them

Very impressive, and interesting to see a green wooden box, I know them in Black and "raw", the green is a first for me. Any chance to see some more details of it, for instance the lettering/labels?

Is the metal trunk in winter white camo original painted?

Regards
        Sonnenwende
        Attached Files

Comment

more piccs

Originally posted by jeeeensy View Post
          Hi Sonnenwende

here are a few more pics of the green M39 box.

when I got the box all of the labels were missing
          So these ones I reproduced from original artwork
          to compliment the box.

will take better photo of the winter cammo box later,

Kind Regards Nick
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jeeensy,
            thanks for showing more photos. I suspect the green colour is not factory Applied but done later, perhaps in the field. Did you add the black stenclling on the lid as well as the labels? (nice labels BTW).

Regards
            Sonnenwende

Comment

The lower box on the left contained the usual 15 grenades, detonators and fuses. But in addition it also appears to have held 15 "Tragefedern". Can you tell which year it was made? (I know; it is always the one in the bottom of the stack.....)

Comment

Few pictures of some of my cases.
                Attached Files

Comment

My earliest case. Dated 27' You will notice the case is styled a bit different as well. Not a rounded on the sides and no lip around the front. This is the earliest case I have ever seen.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi

The black stencilling is original( only made the labels to enhance the box as it is is excellent shape) as for the green I think this is original as I seen a few the same, there is one on egun the same for sale. ( glad you like the labels took a while to get them to look ok )

Regards Nick

Originally posted by Sonnenwende View Post
                    Hi Jeeensy,
                    thanks for showing more photos. I suspect the green colour is not factory Applied but done later, perhaps in the field. Did you add the black stenclling on the lid as well as the labels? (nice labels BTW).

Regards
                    Sonnenwende

Comment

HI.. phew was lucky,, the date stamp is easy to get to

Originally posted by Bergflak View Post
                      The lower box on the left contained the usual 15 grenades, detonators and fuses. But in addition it also appears to have held 15 "Tragefedern". Can you tell which year it was made? (I know; it is always the one in the bottom of the stack.....)
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi.. Tighe..

Yes a very early box and hard to find ,, well done. And correct on year
                        some nice boxes there,, keep posting

regards Nick

Originally posted by tighe_n View Post
                        My earliest case. Dated 27' You will notice the case is styled a bit different as well. Not a rounded on the sides and no lip around the front. This is the earliest case I have ever seen.

Comment

Very surprising! So we have one box from 1927 and one box from 1940, both with "Tragefedern". In 1927 the carrying loop was still in production, so I guess it was not what I thought it was after all. Has anyone any idea what the "Haltefeder" might have been?

Comment

The Early racks with three compartments one for each.

Sp Nr 8

Delay fuses

Waxed cardboard disks ( Kuppiangsstucke)

These were used for sealing the can to the top thread to stop moisture from entering. later the disc was omitted as the Hgr's had a very fast turn aroung and were not stored for any length of time. Hence later Racks with only 2 compartments.

Originally posted by Bergflak View Post
                            Very surprising! So we have one box from 1927 and one box from 1940, both with "Tragefedern". In 1927 the carrying loop was still in production, so I guess it was not what I thought it was after all. Has anyone any idea what the "Haltefeder" might have been?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Great collection Nick!!

As an fan of these grenade transport containers I really enjoyed looking at these pictures. I too am curious about the winter camo one?? I would love to see more pics of this one if you have any? This is the first white one I've ever seen.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X