US M4/M8 bounding AP mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US M4/M8 bounding AP mine

I posted this in the US section, but figured it should go here. As was pointed out to me in the other posting it has a light blue under paint indicating it was a M8 practice mine repainted O.D. Some research shows this to be the first type. It has about four variations. It's production was discontinued by war's end. Any ideas of fair market on this?.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by p-59a; 10-24-2014, 10:10 PM.

top and bottom pic
    Attached Files

Comment

What you have is the M8 practice version of the M2 mine. They were in fact produced after WWII.
      If you are looking to sell it, I would be interested. I value the practice mine at $30 to $40.

Comment

Originally posted by Quest Master View Post
        What you have is the M8 practice version of the M2 mine. They were in fact produced after WWII.
        If you are looking to sell it, I would be interested. I value the practice mine at $30 to $40.

Thanks for your input. You are correct, this is the M-8 practice version of the M-2 AP bounding mine. I had the M2A4 stuck in my head when I posted this. The M-2 bounding AP mine had several modifications over its production run. This is the earliest version of this type mine and dates to around 1940/41. These M-8 parts are from the M2 production run. It was only lacking a 60mm mortar projectile. The M-2 was replaced by the M-16 mine after WW2. FYI normally one would PM (private message) someone with offers or confidential information. I was already advised via a PM what the fair market would be. Resin reproductions can be found online for about $200.00 USD.
        Last edited by p-59a; 11-15-2014, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by p-59a View Post
          Any ideas of fair market on this?.
          I offered a value, as you requested.
          If you have been offered in excess of $200 for your mine, you should take it.

The following is an excellent website of ordnance, for wartime and post war grenades and mines, specifically the M8:
          http://www.lexpev.nl/minesandcharges...8practice.html

Should the link not work, follow:
          Home>MINES and CHARGES>AMERICAS>United States>Post-WW2 mines>M8 Practice

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X