M39 cutaway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M39 cutaway

My first attempt at cutaways. I've had a couple of those fake M24's ( the ones re-enactors use a lot ) for years now & thought of a use for one. Why not make a cutaway! I thought it would be cool to have one at my grenade display at the local GI Museum this year. Besides, what else was I gonna do with it. Anyway. Here's the result of my little Saturday project!

When I first picked the thing I looked at it & knew I should make it replicate a smoke grenade. I had posted on a m39 thread on another forum that morning so I guess I had "smoke"
    on my mind, & I also had in my "parts/pieces cabinet a pretty nice "fake" M39 handle ( that I discovered was NOT genuine by some members of this forum , thank you Jeeensy ) so I cut some holes in the bttm of can & gave it a new paint job I used my smoke stick. I know the detonator & fuse well are way off but the can was compley hollow. I had some scraps of brass & alum. in garage so aii I had to buy was cutting wheels for my wife's dremmel. Used "Steel Stick" rolled into makeshift pull cord bead. actually the lead bead is riginal & the small tube that housed the friction pull wire was from a real bennzunder 39 I had in my parts cabinet. Other than that, it's completely "fake". The project was a little harder than I expected. but, I've spent many a Saturday project doing things that turned out a lot worse than this did!
    Attached Files

Back side view ( I gave the finish a bit of "wear & tear" that actually turned out not bad!
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice workmanship. Better in form than an unaltered repo.

-Ray-

Comment

Nice job!

Erik

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X